There is no picture tube / Ugly tv set

No, Warner* owns it.

Disney used it in the animated feature "Dumbo" (1941), but under licence.

  • Not THAT warner: Wikipedia gives the current owner as "Warner Chappel"
--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

They've started using LEDs instead, for a while they were calling them LED TVs, but they've seens sense (or a few lawyers) and the adverts now say "LED backlit" if it's mentioned.

--
?? 100% natural
Reply to

They've started, sure, but CCFL backlit TVs are still readily found. The fact that they advertise some as "LED TVs" should tell you something (others are not).

Reply to
krw

Are you saying that no one still makes anything that uses CCFLs in anything? Cites?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sure they do. They're called "LCD" TVs, rather then "LED" TVs. They're everywhere.

Reply to
krw

That was my point. I was looking at the ads for several local retailers and the CCFL types are less expensive than the LED types.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yep. I was just backing up your point.

Reply to