The world beyond Jameco, Digi-Key and Mouser

NXP's site has improved a bit -- the datasheet download now is a real HTML link rather than some Javascript snippet that had to be left-clicked.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

It still does not work at all on older browsers and scripts-disabled. You get the yellow logo and a blank page with some script trying to execute. IMHO this company definitely does not get it. I wonder what their next financials will look like. Probably as bad as three months ago, wouldn't surprise me.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Probably a lot of javascript. It's *very* slow and annoying.

And they make the same mistake many of the Japanese sites make: when you're finally ready to select a part, you have to load and read scores of PDF files. So it's easier to go to another vendor who has sensible, and fast-loading, selection tables.

For a lot of companies, the most expensive employee they have is their webmaster.

John

IMHO it's a management problem at the executive level. If a semi mfg writes humongous losses in an otherwise relatively good economy while competitors on this side of the pond post profits then something must be wrong. They ought to sit down and boil things down to the root causes. The web site is just one of them, but the one that's most easy to fix.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hey, if I click on the Distributors/North America link, it shows me the distributors in China/Hongkong! I knew all along that they really don't want to sell ICs.

John