Digi-Key is broken!

DK, which had somehow managed to maintain same-day service throughout the pandemic, has suddenly gone to 4+ days. Those of you who've been using Thief River Falls as your Just In Time stockroom had best plan for some delays.

Reply to
Jim MacArthur

El 12/03/2021 a las 12:20, Jim MacArthur escribió:

Mouser is doing the same thing.

Reply to
Miguel Giménez

Yep, it's been delayed for some weeks. I got the order confirmation the next day, invoice + tracking number the next day and the package left on fourth day from order. The UPS tracking code that came with the invoice indicated it's faulty, but the shipping had just not been done yet..

Delivering this kind of small orders so fast is a small wonder, but now that's borken.

Reply to
Mikko OH2HVJ

I haven't had any delivery issues yet but I have contacted them twice now about web site problems.

One was incorrect pictures, such as showing FQFPN package instead of LQFP and showing a different billing address than shipping address when they were both told to be the same.

Not biggies but still...

Reply to
boB

There are several things that probably play together:

- Picking up parts and packaging under pandemic conditions requires more workforce

- Cold or extreme( Mouser/Texas) weather inhibits workforce to reach the working place

- Cold or extreme( Mouser/Texas) weather will hamper transport

- International transport is hampered by much less flight

- Part shortages amplify itself be people ordering projected needs already now

- Custom hickups by Brexit and tax wars extend custom handling

But clear communication would be welcome!

Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

Weather? These guys are in northern Minnesota! Until they get some feet of snow they are not going to notice it, much less be slowed down by it.

Reply to
Rick C

I hit them up all the time about mistakes on the web page. I think I'm racking up bonus miles at this point.

Recently it seems like none of the Samsung data sheet links work. I get a Korean language page with a big exclamation mark. I didn't translate the text, but I have to assume it is an error flag. I filed a report with them pointing out the widespread nature of the issue. In the past they have fixed entire groups of problem pages from one report. I have to hand it to Digikey. They are on top of things.

Reply to
Rick C

I've bugged them about the Samsung MLCC characteristics sheet links several times. Samsung keeps moving them, apparently.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thief River falls used to ship to Canada through Winnipeg. Now everything somehow ends up going through Memphis or some such place - using US distribution.

Delays up the wazoo.

RL

Reply to
legg

One of the things I've noticed is that many capacitor makers offer a data sheet that has virtually no data, more of a selection guide really, listing all the values they offer and describing the many mechanical quality tests performed. But no charts of impedance v. frequency or ESR or one that is particularly hard to find, capacitance vs. DC voltage. Digikey lists a cap maker with the lowest prices, but no data, data sheets. Cal-something.

Reply to
Rick C

their search dialogs have been broken for years. they say they won't fix is becoz my browser is too old.

Reply to
Johann Klammer

See <

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

%s/some feet of snow/some feet of snow per hour/

Reply to
David Lesher

They probably can't find hardware or software to test against. Digikey has the absolute best search capability of any source I am aware of. Mouser is pretty good too and sometimes their tool handles some particular parameter better. I don't like that Mouser adds their advertisement page to the data sheets you down load, but that's small potatoes. Still, it's enough that I always go to Digikey first.

Reply to
Rick C