getting the right part # from mouser

Im trying to find .047uF and 47pF non surface mount caps.. and I can't seem to get the site to cough up the correct part #. Any suggestions on how to phrase my search query?

Also - whats the diff between linear and audio pots? lin vs log I can understand.

Reply to
anonymous

Ive always been a big fan of mousers since starting into hobby electronics. My only complaint about their catalog is that the last issue or two they no longer have the quick select section for common semiconductors. They once had a section at the front of the catalog that listed common semis by number...1N, 2N, etc...... for those who really didnt need a brand name specific part. The new catalogs are harder to find these common parts.

Its still a good catalog though.......I order only from the webpage but I find browsing their paper catalog easier and use the mouser numbers from the paper catalog to make up my iorder on the web page.

Reply to
cornytheclown

Go to mouser.com, and work from the product guide on the left side of the main page. Follow the string from passives to caps to the type you want.

Mouser has so many through-hole caps that, even working down to general purpose, you've got hundreds of choices. It's not the ideal way to search. Sometimes, nothing beats having the catalog, and the Mouser catalog will be sent for free if you just get to the request page, available from the main page. I think having Mouser and Digi-Key catalogs on the desk is a good idea.

If this is a hobbyist application, you're bogged down with too many choices, and you're not particular about specs and need to get this done on the web, try Jameco. They're fast and inexpensive.

Audio volume is logarithmic -- an audio pot is a log pot. See:

For the graph.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
CFoley1064

seem

main

search.

be

idea.

choices,

web, try

Another way, I just found this out the other day, is when you go to the mouser site, you will see the'part search' box with the search button next to it. Enter the value of the part number you are looking for e.g. .047uf into the box and click search. You will get, for that particular part, 642 matching records which you can then select by mfgr, or category. That's kind of a long way to do it tho. Having the catalog is easier.

hth, Joe

Reply to
Joe