The reality of driving an EV cross-country

Including afaik anything made in France. My brother was fond of Peugeots but I don't think they've been available for decades.

I do wonder how some of Tata's offerings would stack up. What's not to like about a car with '370 mm Water wading capability'.

Reply to
rbowman

Amazing that they didn't say you were better off with a Honda Civic. I used to read CR for suggestions on things I know nothing about like digital cameras. However I noticed in the categories that I do know about that they played it very very safe. If you want middle of the road bourgeois selections CR is your man.

Perhaps I'm biased since the last time I looked they loathed my ride. Noisy, under powered, unsafe, uncomfortable, only suitable for short trips around town, etc.

Reply to
rbowman

Yeah, Nixon instituted wage and price controls and left the office in disgrace. Jimmy Carter was the poor son of a bitch who got the blame when Nixon's chickens came home to roost. There may be a lesson from when Carter fired everybody and appointed Volcker. Inflation didn't go away. Some would argue Reagan's voodoo economics saved the day and Volcker was part of the problem; others argue Volcker saved Reagan despite himself.

it is true Clueless Joe doesn't have a plan other than crossing his fingers and blaming everyone but Joe Biden. Today's report wasn't promising.

Reply to
rbowman

There are thousands (?) of different magazines published (speaking just of the US market). I suspect you could find one on any subject, regardless of how exotic/narrow. Most of them are underwritten by ads. And, most of them are short-lived!

The moral being to think thrice before accepting anything you read (who's axe is being ground, here? how are they trying to manipulate my opinions?) especially if it is remotely tied to merchandise of some type.

Money spent on ads is money NOT spent on product quality/innovation. And, you (as potential customer) end u0p paying for those ads.

Reply to
Don Y

It's gotta be a shitty way to make a living; (I guess ANY type of salesman would fall in that category) knowing your goal is to try to screw the customer out of as much money as possible.

We've been looking at furniture for the past few days (SWMBO wants a new chair "to eat popcorn in"). I'm stunned when I hear the salesmen bragging about having been at that job for 23 years, 15 years, etc. Christ, you'd think they'd have grown tired of it 22 and 14 years prior!

Reply to
Don Y