The Die Off Has Begun

Mankind won't even make it to 2100... nature breathes a sigh of relief.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Deadly heatwaves do kill people, but they fall a long way short of species extinction, and probably couldn't even generate a population crash.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

more details

note the projections are based upon immediate and total co2 emissions reduction...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

f.

lobal-warming/

ies extinction, and probably couldn't even generate a population crash.

uction...

So what. Even the 70,000 deaths from the 2003 European heatwave aren't impr essive against the European population of 500 million, and in practice thes e deaths were concentrated amongst the elderly and physically infirm.

When you start killing off people of breeding age, you may be able to talk about the beginning of a die off, but so far you are being prematurely alar mist - peddling an apocalyptic fairytale, with even less evidential support that even Jamie thinks he has mustered.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney (but in Seoul at the moment).
Reply to

ief.

-global-warming/

ecies extinction, and probably couldn't even generate a population crash.

eduction...

pressive against the European population of 500 million, and in practice th ese deaths were concentrated amongst the elderly and physically infirm.

k about the beginning of a die off, but so far you are being prematurely al armist - peddling an apocalyptic fairytale, with even less evidential suppo rt that even Jamie thinks he has mustered.

What do you think these heat waves are beamed down from the heavens in isol ation? LOL-and as for breeding, Europe has been self-selecting itself away from the living with a reproduction rate significantly less than required t o maintain its existence. The Muslims have been making up the difference ho wever. Europe will be radically different from what it was by mid-century.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Nonsense. "75 percent of people could face deadly heatwaves" isn't even certain, much less species extinction.

lunatic fringe electronics

al-warming/

It's dead certain, AND that scientifically derived forecast is based upon a global CO2 fixed in time at 400ppm. Since that is unrealistic, the forecas t is unrealistic, the heat waves will be exponentially worse in magnitude a nd duration. The human race will die off alright, no doubt about it. Global warming is like terminal cancer, by the time you notice and pay attention to the symptoms, it's too late to do anything about it.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

And Americans can be counted on to say "Well I won't have to worry about that, then!" and have a bunch of children all the same.

Social media has made kids the hottest fashion accessory, sort of like a high-end Tesla two people can manufacture on their own to impress their friends.

Reply to
bitrex

Nonsense. People in Alaska and Siberia and Tierra del Fuego are all going to die too? All of them?

How about San Francisco? Are we doomed too? It's 65F right now, 10AM in a heat wave. We might even go to lunch in short sleeves.

Sorry to tell you, but having children was popular even before Facebook was invented. Did your mother make a mistake creating you?

lunatic fringe electronics

bitrex

die... at least not from the heat.

Yes >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

ief.

-global-warming/

upon a global CO2 fixed in time at 400ppm. Since that is unrealistic, the f orecast is unrealistic, the heat waves will be exponentially worse in magni tude and duration. The human race will die off alright, no doubt about it. Global warming is like terminal cancer, by the time you notice and pay atte ntion to the symptoms, it's too late to do anything about it.

In the thirty years I lived there, I was always surprised when some repor ter called such a nice day "unprecedented", then unsurprised when it was fo und that the reporter was a newbie.

Sky Harbor shut down several times while I was there and nobody who'd liv ed there any length of time was surprised.

All the Little Chickens should get out of their coastal enclaves and live in some of the places they're screaming about becoming uninhabitable. The locals know better.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

Newbie's are easy to spot... just listen for how they pronounce "Tempe" ;-)

Yep. Now-a-days more and more jet engines include water injection... so the big guys aren't affected... just the little commuter types with old equipment.

Send 'em on down, with the proviso that they have to go for a long walk with me around 2-3 in the afternoon >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

:

elief.

ge-global-warming/

d upon a global CO2 fixed in time at 400ppm. Since that is unrealistic, the forecast is unrealistic, the heat waves will be exponentially worse in mag nitude and duration. The human race will die off alright, no doubt about it . Global warming is like terminal cancer, by the time you notice and pay at tention to the symptoms, it's too late to do anything about it.

orter called such a nice day "unprecedented", then unsurprised when it was found that the reporter was a newbie.

ived there any length of time was surprised.

ve in some of the places they're screaming about becoming uninhabitable. Th e locals know better.

Your little hellhole will become uninhabitable once we cut off all that wat er you're stealing from the Colorado River. The river is so depleted it doe sn't even make it to within 70 miles of the ocean anymore. You have done an unbelievable amount of damage to the environment. The environment is flami ng mad and gonna get back at you.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Shove enough millions of gallons of water and terawatt hours of AC electricity at a problem and one can make just about anyplace habitable for crabby retirees, I suppose.

Reply to
bitrex

e:

relief.

nge-global-warming/

ed upon a global CO2 fixed in time at 400ppm. Since that is unrealistic, th e forecast is unrealistic, the heat waves will be exponentially worse in ma gnitude and duration. The human race will die off alright, no doubt about i t. Global warming is like terminal cancer, by the time you notice and pay a ttention to the symptoms, it's too late to do anything about it.

g to

porter called such a nice day "unprecedented", then unsurprised when it was found that the reporter was a newbie.

lived there any length of time was surprised.

The temperature limit has nothing to do with engine cooling. It has to do w ith a decreased air density reducing lift required for a safe takeoff at at tainable runway speeds. Your runway is not long for the aircraft to get up to the required speed.

ive in some of the places they're screaming about becoming uninhabitable. T he locals know better.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

ote:

f relief.

hange-global-warming/

n't

ased upon a global CO2 fixed in time at 400ppm. Since that is unrealistic, the forecast is unrealistic, the heat waves will be exponentially worse in magnitude and duration. The human race will die off alright, no doubt about it. Global warming is like terminal cancer, by the time you notice and pay attention to the symptoms, it's too late to do anything about it.

ing to

reporter called such a nice day "unprecedented", then unsurprised when it w as found that the reporter was a newbie.

d lived there any length of time was surprised.

with a decreased air density reducing lift required for a safe takeoff at attainable runway speeds. Your runway is not long for the aircraft to get u p to the required speed.

and the same goes for landing needing to be at higher speed to keep enough lift

afaiu it isn't really that they couldn't safely take off and land, it is ju st that it falls outside the performance charts that say if it is safe

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

e:

elief.

ge-global-warming/

species extinction, and probably couldn't even generate a population crash.

reduction...

impressive against the European population of 500 million, and in practice these deaths were concentrated amongst the elderly and physically infirm.

alk about the beginning of a die off, but so far you are being prematurely alarmist - peddling an apocalyptic fairytale, with even less evidential sup port that even Jamie thinks he has mustered.

olation?

Heat waves are extreme weather events, and do become more frequent as globa l warming proceeds, but they are - in fact - isolated and tolerably improba ble.

he living with a reproduction rate significantly less than required to main tain its existence. The Muslims have been making up the difference however. Europe will be radically different from what it was by mid-century.

You've been reading the same kind of rubbish as Cursitor Doom and John Lark in. The Muslim population of Europe is a small minority, and it would take a couple of centuries of energetic breeding to make them a substantial majo rity, by which time they will be indistiguishable from the rest of the popu lation. I posted the numbers here a few years ago, in response to roughly t he same moronic claim.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney (but in Seoul at the moment)
Reply to
bill.sloman

.

obal-warming/

a global CO2 fixed in time at 400ppm.

You haven't thought about the part of population for whom heat waves can be deadly - heat waves do kill elderly and infirm people who might have survi ved a year or so longer if not exposed to that particular stress - but they don't do much to the population as a whole.

ll be exponentially worse in magnitude and duration. The human race will di e off alright, no doubt about it. Global warming is like terminal cancer, b y the time you notice and pay attention to the symptoms, it's too late to d o anything about it.

The tropics may become an even less attractive place to live (even though w e evolved there) but large chunks of the planet will remain perfectly habit able.

What's facing extinction are your critical faculties.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney (bit in Seoul at themoment)
Reply to

e:

ote:

relief.

ange-global-warming/

f species extinction, and probably couldn't even generate a population cras h.

ns reduction...

t impressive against the European population of 500 million, and in practic e these deaths were concentrated amongst the elderly and physically infirm.

talk about the beginning of a die off, but so far you are being prematurel y alarmist - peddling an apocalyptic fairytale, with even less evidential s upport that even Jamie thinks he has mustered.

isolation?

bal warming proceeds, but they are - in fact - isolated and tolerably impro bable.

the living with a reproduction rate significantly less than required to ma intain its existence. The Muslims have been making up the difference howeve r. Europe will be radically different from what it was by mid-century.

rkin. The Muslim population of Europe is a small minority, and it would tak e a couple of centuries of energetic breeding to make them a substantial ma jority, by which time they will be indistiguishable from the rest of the po pulation. I posted the numbers here a few years ago, in response to roughly the same moronic claim.

It's called sub-replacement fertility, and civilizations have been dealing with it since antiquity. You can't argue against the basic facts of it. Eth nic Europeans are on the decline. The Muslims will not remain a small minor ity with replacement rates averaging 4-8x those of the ethnic Euros.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred