The 12V level shifter saga

Sort of like the SchmartBoard idea?

Any and all of the above would be very welcome!

Thanks

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Cute circuit. TI has some boot-strapped gate drivers that essentially integrate that for Si MOSFETs, cap-coupled.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I can send you a few boards with some fets mounted, at least the ones I haven't blown up yet. I'll see what parts are available.

Anyone is welcome to the PADS files and Gerbers, but you'd have to make boards and solder the critters down.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

All the commercial gate drivers that I've seen have a lot of prop delay. A home-brew LVDS+GaN can come in at a few ns.

My little Pockels Cell driver (1200v 7 ns pulses, 4 MHz) has Tiny logic driving GaN driving water-cooled SiC. Lotta gain-bandwidth there.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

The TI parts are nice, work to higher voltages, and can drive higher Ciss, but John's LVDS scheme with the 100V, 1A EPC mosfets is much faster!

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Three or six sections of Tiny logic triple buffers can drive the bigger EPC parts. Run them at abs max Vcc or so.

Then parallel a bunch of those, each with its own gate drivers. Crazy fast and 20 KW peak pulse power *each*