Thank you Steve Franklin

I wanted to make a public posting and state my thanks to Steve Franklin (WB5KGL apparently of Arlington, Texas), who uses name JSF in the usenet. I have 2 MR8100's - older Uniden scanners, and they've had some problems. Suspect that my previous repair shop was hoping to keep one of them for parts he offered to try and repair them for me. One I kept thinking it would be a fairly simple repair of a lead to the power switch, thought I was nervous about doing it myself.

The other I sent to him, and he found the problem and repaired it for me, just to help a guy out. I asked what I could do in thanks, and he didn't want anything.

In fact, his willingness to help and keep at it are what inspired me to repair the other unit myself - because simply, putting and solder set in my hands is asking for trouble.

Anyway - everyone should know there are still great people in the world, people who just like others, love their hobbies, and just do good things. I could be wrong here as this was only one action, but I feel that anyone willing to offer to help a stranger online, and then put the work in and some change to mail the item back, that shows solid character - old school - the way things should be.

THANK YOU STEVE FRANKLIN

Richard J. Valenta N0TZC Saint Louis, Missouri

Reply to
rjvalenta

Good to hear something like this for a change...

Telstar Electronics

indeed it is nice

Reply to
an old freind