Textronix A622 Current probe

I had two of these blow up on a recent test. The 100A maximum was unexpectedly exceeded.The laminated clamp around houses a hall sensor approximately 1/4" square with 4 leads. I can't find any markings on it! These probes go for $500 each and I am fairly certain they only need new hall sensors. Has anyone worked with this probe? Any idea of what the part number might be? TIA.

Reply to
scada

"scada" wrote in news:ipSYg.43$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.lga:

A622/621 pix and specs;

User manual;

8303

I did not get any response for a service manual.(typical TEK support.)

There might be a data sheet supplied along with the probe that has a parts breakdown,BUT,I would not bet on it.

(the OLD Tek used to do that.The NEW Tek is not a shadow of what they used to be.)

I also suggest you send them a gripe about "service manuals" that lack useful service info.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You should be able to put the thing in a supercon magnet without damaging the Hall sensor. Is this an active probe, ie. it has a coil that bucks out the magnetic field, and strives to keep the flux through the sensor zero at all times? If so, then an induced current may have fried a simple op-amp that drives the coil. If it is passive, then maybe the core got magnetized, and all you need to do is degauss it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

part

coil.

The probe is active, several IC's, etc...The hall sensor mounts into a split core of laminations. It has 4 leads connecting to a flex pcb shielded with two surrounding tins. It then connects to the main pcb. I found a hall sensor in Digikey that is similar in description, only larger. That device to my surprise is programmable! The data sheet shows it used in a laminated core similar to my probe. Therefore this may also be programmable, probably not making the repair worth the while. By the time I purchase the programmer, learn the chip, etc... I just would like to know for sure if that is what I have, before I call it quits! Thanks for your input.

Reply to
scada