Tenny

We have a T2RC. and I'm trying to figure out what is the lowest temperature we can get without c02 or LNG. So far I can get to -9C on refrigeration only. Not sure if that's right, but a delta of 30C it might be.

Martin Rid

The spec claims -68c. It's not stated what "boost" actually means.

Maybe it needs freon.

I know, I think the -68 is just the chamber limit with LNG. Due to its size. The freon also came to mind.

Boost is the c02 or LNG

In my prior life we had c02 plates that easily went to -68. But that's under a 6x6 box or a bunch of rags.

I'll contact Tenny.

Martin Rid

onsdag den 23. februar 2022 kl. 23.00.47 UTC+1 skrev Martin Rid:

boiling point of something like R410A is -68'C at 0.4bar absolute so not totally impossible

is the -9'C with nothing in chamber? i.e. with no heat added?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

-9 will barely cool beer.

A 2-stage refrig should get well below -40c.

Less than a watt.

I have a request in at Tenny. Should find out in a day or so.

Martin Rid

On a sunny day (Wed, 23 Feb 2022 15:53:07 -0800) it happened John Larkin <jlarkin@highland_atwork_technology.com> wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have a Sterling cooler that cools a superconducting RF filter and my experiments, You can use it mo make liquid oxygen too for your missiles.

Also have a bunch of Peltier 1 inch square elements from ebay Could maybe put in seris (have not tried yet). Or used for 'trickety generation (yes it works).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje