Temperature measurement

And what is the difference in temperature that you think that they are measuring? If you want to argue what is precise and what is not we need some numbers. I'm with Lord Kelvin here

"In physical science the first essential step in the direction of learning any subject is to find principles of numerical reckoning and practicable methods for measuring some quality connected with it. I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of Science, whatever the matter may be." [PLA, vol. 1, "Electrical Units of Measurement", 1883-05-03]

Don't be stupid. If you need a non-contact temperature measurement, you have to pay what it costs, even if the result isn't that precise. Using an expensive non-contact technique when a cheap technique that requires physical contact can be used is stupid, no matter how enthusiastically the people who make the expensive gear recommend it.

ed

You are letting your imagination run away with you again. This is one of many bets that you'd lose.

That may be what you understood - as if that matters - but it isn't what I posted.

That may be what you understood - as if that matters - but it isn't what I posted.

Basing your claim on a contorted and invalid chain of logic.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

I was not aware of that capability. Around here, the cops in the whirlybirds are looking for unusually hot roofs, indicating a house or room full of grow lights.

Reply to
Richard Henry

may

ve

be

Yeah it's going to depend on the thermistor.... The best have R(T) errors of ~0.1K

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

What you tell us about - and what you comprehend - tells us that you are a technician (and not a good one) and no kind of engineer.

My capacity to understand what you want me to understand from reading your dribble is clearly limited - I'm not gullible enough to swallow the message you are trying (in your inept way) to sell us.

It's funny that you - of all people - should mention that,

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

e's

aw may

ct

ne

have

en be

Yellow Springs International used to do a little better than that, for about $40 per thermistor.

Digikey offers +/-0.05K parts for only $12.73

.html

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ions from

so I've

70, which

't expect

you can

lost by

the

or you

isn't a good

s. =A0No,

uld

eless

hat's

Or so you'd like to think. If these little delusions make you happy, who are we to point out that they make you look even more ridiculous.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

(PST),BillSloman

from

I've

which

expect

can

by

you

isn't a good

 No,

IKWYABWAI. I know, it's your only argument.

Reply to
krw

He is a mop operative.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

Actually, what they observe is a different spectral window.

You are still an idiot. No numbers needed to form that determination of fact.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

You're an idiot.

You have zero comprehension, and you want folks here to put credence in your pathetic declarations about others' comprehension? Bwuahahahahahhaa!

No, Bill... YOU are clearly limited.

And what is it you think that message is?

Do you think I did not work at an Infra-Red thermometry company back in the mid 80s? If that is the case, you are wrong.

You are pathetic, Sloman. You snip because you are proven wrong. Then, you obfuscate that (or attempt to).

You are a loser. You never were a link to be weak, so... goodbye.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

What makes you think that?

If you actually knew something about how HV resistors were made, you'd be in a position to tell us why you think they aren't made in batches

- unlike every other industrial product ever made to sell as an interchangable product.

If I understand the technology correctly, HV resistors are made by silk-screen printing a glass/metal oxide thick-film ink onto an alumina substrate and subsequntly heating the substrate until the glass component in the thick film ink melts and fuses to the substrate.

Devices in a single batch are all printed from the same batch of thick film ink and are all heated to the same temperature for the same length of time, taking out two of the variables that create batch-to- batch variation.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

You'd like to think so.

in

You claim I've got "zero comprehension" which would render me incapable of reading - let alone responding to - your posts, and then carry on about *my* "pathetic declarations"?

You can't do joined up logic.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ice

ning

K (or

range at

d, nor

What "piece of junk" do you think you are talking about?

but you're a loser.

Thermocouples? Earlier in this thread you were boasting about calibrating diodes (rather ineptly). I'm unlikely to be jealous of any inept technician who was stuck with improvising something in three days with an old TRS-80 - sympathetic maybe.

You need to come up with a more consistent set of implausible boasts.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

n of

You claim that the infra-red camera - or whatever - measures temperature more accurately than a contact thermomenter can. You haven't told us what the rms error - in degrees Kelvin - your favourite scheme delivers when used to estimate the surface temperature of a remote target, so we can only assume that you don't know, which makes your claim totally fraudulent.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

They are made in short lots and they are laser trimmed, by hand, idiot.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

You are almost as slow as SloTard is.

The operator enter "Brushed Aluminum", or "Hard anodized Aluminum, Matte".

Where we used to look it up in a book, now we simply look it up in the drop down list.

What was that retarded question you were trying to ask, as if you could somehow paint me into a corner?

Get off the bandwagon, Johnny. You are not any good at it.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Snip.

Fuck off, SloTard.

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

What's the emissivity of that paint?

Hey, try googling emissivity anodized aluminum

You'll see 0.77, 0.82. 0.84, 0.87, 0.90, and probably more if you keep at it. What's your vote?

What's your value for brushed aluminum>

John

You're a goddamned retard. AND you are also a total piece of shit.

You will never achieve escape velocity from that fact, asswipe.

Reply to
BaltoTopDog

Two more!

Yuk. I'd rather have a fetish for something less stinky, like vanilla gelato maybe.

John