Temperature measurement

What kind of brush: sable whetted with vinegar, or copper whetted with H2SO4, or ...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Your skull as a mop, whetted with the stupidity of John Larkin.

Both exhibiting their resultant heat addition to the world... nil, and the emissivity of your skull mop... zero.

You are both cold, retarded bastards... the weakest links in any society.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

One more for the list, Michael.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

You're an idiot. The pussy already has it, and you are the one months behind the curve. As usual.

Reply to
BaltoTopDog

No, that's another retread.

THE DIMBULB SCORECARD

Abbey Somebody AM AnimalMagic Archimedes' Lever AtTheEndofMyRope AwlSome Auger BaltoTopDog BarnCat Bart! BigBalls

10 BillyPilgrim BlindBaby Booong... Bum, Bum, Bum, Bum... (Intel ad)" Bungalow Bill Capt. Cave Man CellShocked ChairmanOfTheBored Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Copacetic Corbomite Carrie

20 DarkMatter DarkSucker Do I really need to say? Dorothy with the Red Shoes on Dr. Heywood R. Floyd DrParnassus FatBytestard FigureItOut FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor 30 George Orr GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

Hattori Hanzo Herbert John \Jackie\" Gleason" HiggsField IAmTheSlime ItchyGato ItsASecretDummy Jupiter Jaq Kai

40 LargeMarge life imitates life Lil Red Riding In The Hood

lurch MadManMoon MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

MeowSayTongue Mr.Eko Mr. Haney

50 MrTallyman My Name Is Tsu How Do You Do Mycelium Mycelium Neanderthal Notably Stationed Nunya OutsideObserver Perenis ? snipped-for-privacy@hereforlongtime.org? Pieyed Piper 60 Phat Bytestard RoyLFuchs scorpius

SkyPilot SomeKindOfWonderful

Son of a Sea Cook SoothSayer Spurious Response StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt Sum Ting Wong

70 Sum Ting Wong

SuspendedInGaffa The Great Attractor

TheJoker The Keeper of the Key to The Locks

The Last Mimsy The Loner The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra TheGlimmerMan TheKraken

80 TheQuickBrownFox TralfamadoranJetPilot snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

UltimatePatriot UpGrade UpYerNose ValleyGirl VioletaPachydermata WallyWallWhackr WarmUnderbelly

90 WhySoSerious? 100WattDarkSucker
--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!

  • That is yet another surface preperation that would change emissitivity...
  • Now we are into Global Warming...

  • Global Cooling???
Reply to
Robert Baer

Does he have a real name?

John

It was 1 degreeF up here this morning. Bummer, I was hoping for zero.

It's up to 19 now. 8 feet of fresh snow. Maybe I'll go skiing.

John

"AlwaysWrong" is a real as he gets.

Reply to
krw

73F, now, and rather sunny. Tomorrow it's supposed to be colder (60F) and rainy. :-(
Reply to
krw

Does it ever really snow in San Francisco ?

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

He doesn't even have a real head. :(

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

73F overnight, around 82F for a high today. Another day without needing heat or A/C. :)
--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

could

My heat came on one morning, Nov. 5 IIRC, just as I was going to work. THe month started out pretty nasty but has been pretty nice since. The AC hasn't been on since early October. We'll have a couple of months with electric bills under $100.

Reply to
krw

What part of NIL do you not understand?

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

the

could

emissitivity...

and

The last two were $80 and some change.

--
For the last time:  I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Human skin has an emissivity close to 1. Hair probably has high emissivity, but it's a good thermal insulator, so an IR measurement of a hair-colored skull won't mean much.

Interestingly, water is high, something like 0.98 at thermal wavelengths. So is ice.

The medical IR thermomeneters that they stick in your ear have an ideal situation: a long tunnel with e=0.98, practically a perfect black body.

John

You're a total retard.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan