OT: Don't cluck..

See:

Robert Baer

And just look at what it's done to you! ;)
Reply to
John Fields

Typical anti-Microsoft, anti-Walmart and anti-McDonalds whining.

BTW, a breaded chicken will contain similar amount of chemistry no matter in what place you have ordered it.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

You're just mad that they got rid of the belly dancers. ;-)

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Well, that's set our minds at ease. Hooray.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

This appears to me to be chemophobia by a "natural health" newsletter. Knowing the deal with some of the chemicals involved and the tone of this site, it appears to me that most of the chemophobia is unjustified and/or exaggerated.

The main things I have against McD's Chicken McNuggets are:

1) They taste nothing like they used to. 2) High fat content, including trans fats from partially hydrogenated oils where frying in such is not prohibited by municipal law
--
 - Don Klipstein (don@misty.com)
Reply to

You want it in the warehouse district? :)

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm not a big McDonald's fan either, but that's just a hatchet job.

For instance, dimethylsiloxane (dimethicone) is used in a whole lot of things because it's completely inactive biologically. And the notion that something with a lethal dose (LD50, I suppose) of 5 grams should never be put in food would rule out anything containing any fat-soluble vitamin whatever.

And the idea that it's somehow scandalous that chicken nuggets have a bit less than 50% chicken--honestly, have any of those people ever eaten fried chicken? You make the pieces smaller, you get more breading and less meat. Not rocket science.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

They completely missedthe most dangerous constituant- di-hydrogen monoxide, nasty nasty stuff. :(

H.

Reply to
Howard Eisenhauer

Denny's? I'm surprised they didn't burn it down before they changed their name from Sambo's.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

This was wa-a-a-ay after Sambo days. But the burn-down was suspicious... the cheap way to close an under-performing outlet.

And boy did it burn! Claim was that a grease fire ignited natural gas piping. You could see the flames from my place... 7 miles away! ...Jim Thompson

What do you call a government agency, as inept and inefficient as
the Post Office, but with the ability to literally rather than
just figuratively get in your pants?     TSA >:-}

I'll see your flames at seven miles and raise you a shock wave that far away, when some drunk pulled onto the highway outside of Daleville Alabama and hit a full tanker of JP4 Jet Aircraft Fuel. The drunk enede up in the hospital with a broken leg. The tanker drive was completely incinerated. The accident destroyed the road, and had flaming JP4 running down the ditches into a creek. The only part of the tanker that survived was the back bell of the tank. It rolled part way down that hill after the explosion. If it wasn't for the water, the burning fuel would have reached Daleville.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There's nothing wrong with Walmart or McDonalds.

Popeye's is much better chicken. Real bird, fewer chemicals. Plus, you can get red beans & rice as a side.

John

Chick-Fil-A isn't bad, but they're all closed on Sundays.

Reply to
krw

-...

g mine

on the

I like McD's coffee, and the cups are well built and insulated. Other places use thin paper cups that burn my fingers, and the coffee's not as good, and more expensive.

-Bill

Reply to
Bill Bowden

...EATS away everything..a truly universal solvent and corrosion enhancer.

Reply to
Robert Baer

We had a similar event at 7th Street and Northern _many_ years ago... Guy northbound ran red light and T-boned an eastbound tanker.

Guy and his young son died. Trucker got away with serious burns.

MELTED the intersection, and there were flaming gutters for a block south :-( ...Jim Thompson

What do you call a government agency, as inept and inefficient as
the Post Office, but with the ability to literally rather than
just figuratively get in your pants?     TSA >:-}

It's something most people don't believe, if they haven't seen it. If they did, they would give decent clearance to any tanker, no matter what it's carrying. I heard of one where someone cut off a tanker on a highway and the driver rolled the truck to keep from hitting them. It was full of honey, and it took a couple days to clean it off the road. they had to use the fire department's pumper trucks to dilute and wash it off the asphalt.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

at

Funniest one I ever encountered personally (in Tennessee) was a flipped semi carrying freshly shucked corn kernels... it was as slippery as black ice for about a mile :-) ...Jim Thompson

What do you call a government agency, as inept and inefficient as
the Post Office, but with the ability to literally rather than
just figuratively get in your pants?     TSA >:-}

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise