Tek's Golden Years

That's right. It's contemporary with the 2465A, I think (350 MHz).

Maybe yours was a lemon. I have a 475A and a 2467, and the newer one triggers better. (I had two 2465Bs at IBM.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Know what ? you got a point there. but for TEN GRAND they can put a CRT in it and have a direct mode. Even with limited bandwidth. If they can't even do that they can keep it.

And I know there were digital CROs, but did they have a direct mode ?

Reply to
jurb6006

That's why you need at least 7 scopes. ;)

I have two analog ones, but they don't get a lot of use. (I use XY mode about once every five years.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Maybe he needed the -05 option?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That scope doesn't do very beautiful XY. It would probably look a lot better if my spiral spun slower.

But XY use is not common. I would never go back to using analog scopes.

My DPO2024 does pretty good XY with fast signals. It must sample/display faster than the 2012.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Basically, yes. The 2465/2467 series had the plain (300 MHz) A suffix (350 MHz) and B suffix (400 MHz) versions. I'm pretty sure the trigger and deflections amps were the same between regular and MCP tube versions of the same suffix. The 2467 had a smaller screen, but VASTLY higher writing rates than the plain tube one. They both had distributed vertical deflection plates, with a delay line inside the CRT bottle.

I've got a 2465, and really like it. Seems like one of the best analog scopes Tek made, and certainly one of the LAST really good ones.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Well, they do call it the "HP35S". While it's no HP35, it's still better than any other calculator made today. I use one daily.

Reply to
krw

I have a half dozen 32SII's, which are pretty good.

I even have a couple of original HP35's that mostly work.

lunatic fringe electronics

I use X-Y all the time. Mostly very slow... like a chart recorder. I could use a lab jack or something similar, but a 'scope is easier.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Everyone here knows you are a janitor.

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard

He wouldn't say 'boo' to a goose in the *real* world because he knows damn well he'd wind up in a wheelchair within a week. He gets all gobby on here 'cos he knows he's safe from retaliation.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

That's good to hear, Jon. I have the 2465A and use it more than any other scope I own. My only reservation is that it seems to need to 'boot-up' and do some self-checking, so it's not *pure* analogue in my book. :P

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Amen, brother. I still prefer analogue storage to digital storage as well. I like to know what I'm looking at on screen actually exists and isn't some artefact created by the scope.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

How did you generate that picture of someone looking sleepy reaching out from under his duvet to set his alarm clock onto 'snooze'?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Well, it has cursors and writing on the display and all that digital stuff.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

These were the cool things to have in the UK in 1974/1975:

This being Sinclair, there was a slightly cheaper kit version you could build yourself as well.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

We did a version of a VME waveform generator to upgrade the pilot's heads-up display on some AH130 gunships. The display is an XY CRT, and we got to play with character generation and things. The old electronics, by some British aerospace outfit, had an MTBF of about 20 hours.

I simulated the character set in PowerBasic.

The sim included finite deflection amp bandwidth and blank/unblank times. Fun stuff.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Still have mine, still powers up, switches need cleaning.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Most of the calibration can be done without opening the case. So, the calibration system is under computer control. And, so, if the computer dies, I don't think the scope is usable.

The boot-up time is miniscule, we have a real fancy Tek DPO that seems to take a REAL 5 MINUTES to boot up. THAT is annoying!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

You don't like the sarcasm? :(