Always 30 years off...

Well, they are finally going to make a "Mr. Fusion".

Hehehe..

No, really... a compact fusion reactor may be close.

So... set up 100 of them on a slab and how many does it take... to match a steam turbine...

How many bowls of Total does it take to get the fiber in one bowl of Colon Blow? (some will miss that reference)

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

A bowl of Total cereal has only about 10% of the recommended daily fiber requirement: A 30 g serving of Total whole-grain cereal has 100 calories and 2 g protein. It has only 0.5 g fat and no unhealthy saturated or trans fat. The cereal has 23 g total carbohydrates with 5 g sugar and 10 percent of the daily value for dietary fiber.

I missed the Colon Blow Cereal reference, but Google found it for me: No clue on the actual fiber content.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

That was a low blow...

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Let us know when they have even ONE working. Until then, it's still the old

30 years off.
Reply to
Whoey Louie

--------------------------------------

** Well, I hate to be the one to tell you this - but ...

Nuke reactors do NOT produce electricity.

Nearly all make high temp steam to drive turbines.

Which in turn spin a bloody great 3-ph alternator, phase locked to the grid.

Amazing stuff.

Works for coal, oil, fission and fusion power.

Gas fuels giant jet engines for the same job.

See my post about the RR Avon from 1946.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil Allison wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Pretty stupid. Coal fired boilers do not produce electricity either, ya dope.

No... Really? None of us here in this scientific group knew that, Philoniuous Punk.

We thought they were for tanning.

No sherk, Shitlock.

Amazing that you can nearly form a sentence.

Yeah. Your primer intelligence level is even beneath a 7 year old second grader.

Yep. A compact Fusion reactor knows how to make steam too. Maybe you should have read the article instead of your lame completely uneducated, cursory glance, Donald J. Trump like attitude.

Nope. Not interested in anything you wrote. Not after seeing this stupid shit.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

the old

I thought it was 50 years. Perhaps someone got optimistic since then...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

------------------

** The first practical powered aircraft were flying in 1904, IIRC.

The first practical, stable helicopter took until 1946.

And these are simple machines needing no new technology.

Nuclear fission was pretty much mastered in a few years, using room temp materials.

Building a stable, mini-sun here on earth is just taking a tad longer.

Be patient, not nasty.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil Allison wrote in news:92379b6f-a7e8-4da9- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Take your own advice, f*****ad. While you are being patient, try taking a swan dive from a tall bridge, Phil.

Because right now, you are the nastiest f*ck around, right next to Donald J. Trump.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

That has reminded me that an experimental fusion reactor "JET" (Joint European Torus) was not far from here ("close"?). When they were about to make it permanently radioactive (I understand) they held open days in June 1991 and I went along to have a look at it.

The heavy engineering was very impressive. It was built close to a power station so that they could draw huge currents, but nevertheless there were several input energy storage devices, including a large flywheel.

I still have, being a squirrel hybrid, the full colour brochure and even more detailed additional specification sheets and site map...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

Story changed to Navy filed a patent application. No patent has been awarde d. Inventor is well-known lunatic clearly out his league in both education and experience. His PhD is in aerospace and mechanical engineering, not exa ctly fields of study leading to fundamental scientific breakthroughs. Then the stuff about being vouched for by a lab CTO is similar hot air. I am fam iliar with one case where the CTO biography put him forward as a child prod igy on the basis of his fascination with doorbells when he was younger. His adult capabilities had not progressed much beyond that. Generally anything coming out of the Navy has zero credibility.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred