teenager repellent

try what is called oldies, anything from about 1960 to 1985 should do.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

I beg to differ: "9-6-3-2" is upside-down for 7E-96!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Just found this

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

So? Is your monitor upside down?

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Have you read "A Clockwork Orange"?

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

No, that is how i learned to read.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I learned to read in my Mom's lap when I was very young (like, 3-4). I wonder how others learned to read? Should we start a new branch? Yeah. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

No, but I saw the movie, and it totally sicked me out. I like to see titties, but not under _those_ kind of circumstances! Blecch!

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

Heh - I really like this part:

"There's documentation that the effects of classical music on mind and body are remarkable," says Marc Rynearson, a classical programmer at DMX Music."

I told ya so! ;-P

This sucker should be required reading for store managers and stuff. ;-)

BUT NO OPERA!!!!!!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

I read further:

"consumer advocate and columnist Brian Vaszily entertainingly explains in How Stores are Secretly Using Barry Manilow to Rob You."

LOL!

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

Learned to read with the Sunday comics ~4 pestering my OM to tell me what the words meant - while Mom laughed at my attempts to pronounce the words.

Found a book called "Marooned on Mars" when I was five and I was hooked. By seven I had the unabridged "Moby Dick," "The Three Musketeers," "Prisoner of Zenda," "Count of Monte Cristo," "The DeCammeron," "Fanny Hill," "The Good Earth," and Frank Harris' "My Life and Loves," most of the Old Testament, Oh Yeah "Electronics Made Easy" Byron Keats Shelley Teasdale etc..

I bought a copy of "Lady Chatterly's Lover," but my OM nixed that one

- after I already read Fanny Hill, Frank Harris, and Boccaccio's "The Decameron" Needless to say, I bought it again when he wasn't with me.

I got the Decameron (in English) because the good nuns at St. Casimir's drilled it into us that it was the first book of short stories and historically significant for that reason. I was planning to wow them with a book report. I told them I was reading it and they thought that was peachy - obviously they never read it. I never did a book report on it. I already had a reputation for too much interest in the fair sex - that would have been the last straw.

default

"Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@doubleclick.net...

"Actually, you are repeatedly lured through mazes and you are constantly being tricked into actions that please others without being aware of it. Nowhere more so, in fact, than right there in the aisles of those retail stores. That breed of marketers who call themselves merchandisers have seen to that, as you'll read below."

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I still cant read

Reply to
The Real Andy

here in the UK, further important research has been done by Newcastle Metro,

ility_503832-07.hcsp

who have discovered the music of Frederick Delius to be particularly effective at dispersing teenagers.

They don't specify which pieces work best but I suspect that its the turgid "english country gardens" orchestral works (Brigg fair, First cuckoo in spring, In a summer garden...) that were used. There is an opportunity for some really interesting sociocultural research here...

John McMillan

I was using bluegrass and pre '60 country music. It worked at first, then the kids started to like it.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Isn't education a wonderful thing...

Reply to
John McMillan

Yes. One of them even comes back to learn how to repair simple electronics.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I still say operetta. Rose Marie or Maytime would make them fall on the floor in agony.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

The crap they play at the local CD chain stores drives ME out of the store - often before I can make a purchase. Delius would be delightful. Hell, Ketelby would be delightful.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Possibly Wagner, Der Ring des Nibelungen ought to do. Unfortunately you may find it repellent also.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller