parts research

It occurs to me that it would be useful to have someone available for occasional parts research. Right now, I have an older PCB design that we still sell a lot of, and a couple of the opamps are both more expensive and slower than what may be available nowadays. This sort of thing happens fairly often, so some as-needed help would be great.

Anybody interested could email me. Ability to read and understand parts data sheets is of course a basic requirement.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

The industry term is 'component engineer', if you want to look for someone local. Even the good ones often need to consult with the circuit designers to make sure that something will work.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

we

expensive

parts

circuit

Yep, not only the surrounding schematics, but rather complete performance requirements as well.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk