Electronic Mosquito repellent

Hi, I want to make an electronic mosquito vaporiser , can anyone tell me how much voltage a electronic mosquito vaporiser requires and if you can please tell me where i can find the circuit. I have searched the net but all information i get is why people created mosquito repellent and which product is better. vaporiser or simple no liquid mosquito repellent. Please if u can help me i will be highly obliged. Thanks Vibha.

Reply to
vibhajha123

JeffM

Just grab yourself one of those cheap ($8 or so) bug zapper racquets out there and modify it for you use ?? They use two AA batteries and have 3 screens spaced 1/16 ? inch apart with the outer two being "ground" and the center "hot" -- small flies and mosquitoes make a wonderful rewarding "snap" when they get in between the screens (the mesh is maybe 1/4 inch). See what voltages they use there or modify it for you own use -- nothing better than a "snap" with a blue flash as the little critter goes up in smoke !!

mikey

Mike Fields

I guess I read it too fast -- I thought he was looking for something to vaporize the mosquito (my preferred way of dealing with them).

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields

"Mike Fields" wrote

Such a satisfying sound! The older models, with a single layer grid of parallel wires, work a bit better.

I think, though, that the OP was looking for a blivet for vaporizing mosquito repellant?

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Consulting Engineer:  Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.

I like the harbor freight model. "Normal" price is $10, but they come on sale for $5 quite frequently. They use 2xD cells.

sdb

--
Wanted:  Omnibook 800 & accessories, cheap, working or not
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com

2 D cells ?? Hey, you could use that on bats !!! Have to check out Harbor Freight .. haven't visited them for a while (still sulking since Trendline went away for woodworking tools).

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields