Tax - not so bad

Income tax is on *income*. Inheritance isn't income. Inheritance has a separate tax which varies on a number of factors.

--

Rick
Reply to

Of course I'm alluding to the fact that Democrats could support a 35% flat tax with a 30k deduction, but they don't because they want to use the current system to implement class warfare.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Right. Inheritance tax is, in fact, a death tax. It's a tax on the dead, not on the living. The estate pays the tax, not the recipient.

When someone dies, government must also kill any corporations he owned and fire all employees of said corporations, too.

Reply to
krw

lol. A 35% flat tax, even with a deduction, IS class warfare - against everyone who isn't destitute or rich as Croesus.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

"We could be just regular filthy rich not offshoring and doing business solely from the US, but not filthy stinking mega wild beyond the dreams of avarice rich. Stop your class warfare against us!"

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

You're paying more than that now, except that congress gets the power to decide who (doesn't) pays it.

Reply to
krw

It's more like "do we survive, or not".

Reply to
krw

Donald Trump wants to impose a 45% tariff on Chinese imports, but conservatives say that's crazy talk.

Reply to
bitrex

How did you miss the 30k personal deduction? That's 17.5% if you earn

60k, and less if you have kids each with a deduction of 8k or more.

It would just take away your ability to say, "I'm raising his taxes but not your's", because you should never be in a position to say that, and that is how you actually practice class warfare all the time.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

It's puzzling how you can be good at math and not understand such a simple equation. Subtract a large deductible, because the cost of living is the only thing that should be deductible, and you get the effect of a progressive tax but without all the variation, from person to person, due to what kind of car they have etc ad nauseum.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Of course it is! Low prices help far more of "the poor" than do high prices.

Reply to
krw

Because it only leads to a trade war. We have thousands of different tarrifs now. They are so insanely complicated that some apply to Barbie dolls and some apply to GI Joe.

45% is far too large a tax on anything anyway.

After WWII Secretary Hull observed that the Axis powers were the nations we didn't have trade agreements with. He also pointed out that the population would have been outraged if they had realized that during the war.

Of course, this doesn't mean you have to sell the Chinese 100+ top-of-the-line supercomputers and all the missile technology they want like Clinton did.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

a fixed Federal deduction just gives lower income brackets far more incentive (even then they have now) to get the f*ck out of every state and major city with a higher-than-average cost of living, and turns urban centers into ultra-gentrified wastelands of absentee luxury condos owned as investment instruments by Russian and Chinese multi-billionaires. Welcome to American Dubai.

Reply to
bitrex

That's a *GOOD* thing. Vote with your feet and soon enough the cities (and both coasts) will get the message and mend their ways.

Reply to
krw

Mend _what_ ways? Living their godless bohemian lifestyles in opposition to the political and moral standards of KRW, Internet newsgroup poster?

I'd bet my money on the cities becoming Dubai model, nothing changing, and most people ending up more miserable than they are already. Feels like a safe bet to me.

Reply to
bitrex

Don't you realize that cost of living can be adjusted for location? Federal employees earn different wages for the same job depending on their region.

Not to mention that you are citing a problem that is not addressed by having multiple tax brackets.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Den tirsdag den 12. april 2016 kl. 18.00.54 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

big business maybe, but they have hordes of people to do "tax planning", so often they don't have to to go anywhere

individuals and small businesses seldom have that option

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

High taxes. Corruption. Control.

Again, you show that you're the idiot I've said you were.

Instead, you want them to speed down the path to Detroit. That's where they're *all* going.

Reply to
krw

It would be difficult to adjust federal tax deductions based on address.

Reply to
krw

Is a flat tax with a deduction still a flat tax???

--

Rick
Reply to