Not So Expensive Spectrum Analyzer

I had received the spam from the local Calibration lab. Normally I'd dismiss it. But the price stuck out like a sore thumb.

The bigger brother has the options for EMI filters and bandwidth, but this one at least has a Tracking generator option. Not bad for 2k.

Martin Riddle

For $2k you could get a real SA like a HP 8566B (to 22 GHz) or less for a HP

8568B (to 1.5 GHz).

Unless you need something that small and are just looking for signals off the air.

Reply to
tm

Without the tracking generator (since you'd have to pay extra for that) this is actually a fairly normal price these days. The days of fat profit margins for test equipment are over, at least in the budget category.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature