Serial number labelling - tiny labels

Hi,

What do people use for serial numbering of PCBs?

We use sheets of those "silver" laser labels (metallized polyester).

The smallest I can find are 25x10mm (Avery L6008). Does anyone know any smaller ones (or any other sources generally)?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

From a Google search for "numbered labels" without the quotes:

http://www.datagraphicsinc.com/custom-labels.html?_vsrefdom=ppc&gclid=CK6UoMrP56cCFRUq2godWAgbcw
Reply to
John Fields

For the labels for my latest project, I bought the full sheets of clear labels, printed them up, and then cut them up with a paper cutter and an exacto knife. I then spray these with fixative, since these are going to be on the outside...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

I use a Brother label maker PT1750 and the TZ laminated labels.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I have the Brother model PT-1230PC with both black on white and white on black tapes. Very handy! ...Jim Thompson

I've used an burgess engraver, also brother (labels are expensive) and dymo (ditto) in the past.

Your best bet would probably be to get a local or online label printer to do custom rolls, self adhesive, perhaps in foil with the last 3 or so digits blank to be filled in with a pen. A custom label also allows company logo and other info standardised across the product range...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

engraver, doesn't was off.

Chers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Brady. THT-5 4 x about 3/16 x 1/2 (about 5 x 13mm)

The Brady Thermal transfer printing method is far more robust as well. Passes the wipe test, which laser printed labels do not always do.

They also have the Kapton backed High temp jobs in that size.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle