Converting PWM to Analog

Hi all,

Currently, I have a microcontroller that puts out a 1000Hz signal but the low-pass filter I have built only converts PWM to analog for a PWM carrier frequency of about 10kHz. Is it possible to adjust the PWM frequency that will work for the filter? I'm using a 3rd order, op-amp LPF, shown in this link..

(hit view this PDF)

FIgure 8

Thanks. Joe

Reply to
joenavarrete

Increase the capacitors in the filter by a factor of ten to match the frequency you can produce, or lower the resolution of the PWM scheme so that you can run it at a repetition rate of 10kHz, or get a faster mocrocontroller that offers a higher clock frequency, or run the PWM process in a programmable chip which can be clocked more rapidly than the (crap) microcontroller that your instructor offered you.

The possibilities are endless. The fact that you couldn't think of any of them for yourself suggests that yours are rather more restricted.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman