Suppiy Sites.

It is becoming hard to find sites what give you a selection list that fits all cases.

Normally I don't care where the parts come from, because I don't pay for them. I just tell the ma "They are needed" and I get them..

However, I also do projects and things out side my regular employment and many times need supplies. Things like metals, bearings, gears, bushings, tubing, etc. Specialty items in many cases..

You see, I also like to mix what I do. Electrical, Electronics, machining etc.. When making a prototype of something or just something for myself..

I found this place

But would like to know if any one has sites I can add to my list like this?

I like buying things from one location to save on transport credit charges and time.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

You have a generous ma.

Reply to
John S

Maybe. But at times, I need to fight my wall through to justify a cost on an item.. That normally happens when some one else was there just before me with a large request. The Q was so high from the prior request that the ring is still propagating. Nothing like introducing some more to get some noticeable nyquist from it.

Reply to
Jamie

McMaster?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

I hope you won the fight with your wall. With a high Q, you should have a very noticeable nyquist. However, I think you are actually a zero. I'll bet your relatives are poles.

Reply to
John S

In some places, 'ma' is Mother.

So your Mother gets them for you ??

Or does 'ma' mean something else ??

hamilton

PS: Does your ma need another son ? ;-)

Reply to
hamilton

Are you positive? your nick name must be atom, because you lost something there.

jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Thanks for the reference. But NO electronic parts?? Certainly not a one-stop shop.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Well, unlike you, I'm not bipolar.

Reply to
John S

Oh, God, NO! She doesn't even need this one!

Reply to
John S

Well, this was intended as a hardware supply and specialty.. A place that supplied both electronic components as found in places like digikey, mouser, and also do all sorts of engineering hardware supplies would be a valuable facet.

would be nice to get some spur gears and pick up some high mobility transistors while you're filling out your order.. Or maybe some pics, atmel's., arms, fpga's etc...

And don't forget the tap magic and never seize(Seez) while you're at it.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Big deal. A lot of us knew it as

long before Amazon bought it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If your wants / desires are all over the place Grainger can be useful. = Not the best prices though.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

We do McMaster, Allied, Grainger, Fasenal and some other odd ball things for general supplies how ever, we've had some dealings with them where they show a general image of an item and you can order that items

10 times in a year and get 10 different versions of it from 10 different makers. They normally get cheaper made as the end of the year gets closer.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie