Subsea permafrost on East Siberian Arctic Shelf in accelerated decline

Blobby won't.

Reply to
krw

If he's so smart, how come he's not happy?

lunatic fringe electronics

e:

rrently in the Earth?s atmosphere represents about one percent of t he frozen methane hydrate store in the East Siberian Arctic Shelf."

ydrate under the East Siberian Arctic Shelf.

f methane to the Earth atmsophere over a couple of thousand years, which is rather more than the East Siberian Arctic Shelf seems to have to offer.

ging up fossil carbon and burning it as fuel, getting extra warming from th e Arctic permafrost wouldn't be a good thing, but it is by no means obvious how long it would take us to destabilise all the East Arctic methane hydra tes, or whether these are the only deposits of methane hydrates we have to worry about.

any of it within more than a few orders of magnitude.

The droughts that drove the Arab Spring were exactly the kind of poverty in ducing events which we can expect to see becoming increasingly more common as anthropogenic global warming progresses. The one degree Celcius of warmi ng we've had so far is already feeding poverty. Ignoring it in the hope of finding better places to spend our money isn't wise.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

te:

currently in the Earth?s atmosphere represents about one percent o f the frozen methane hydrate store in the East Siberian Arctic Shelf."

hydrate under the East Siberian Arctic Shelf.

mum

of methane to the Earth atmsophere over a couple of thousand years, which is rather more than the East Siberian Arctic Shelf seems to have to offer.

igging up fossil carbon and burning it as fuel, getting extra warming from the Arctic permafrost wouldn't be a good thing, but it is by no means obvio us how long it would take us to destabilise all the East Arctic methane hyd rates, or whether these are the only deposits of methane hydrates we have t o worry about.

w any of it within more than a few orders of magnitude.

feel free to suggest a more precise estimation methodology. Seeing as the expanse of ocean on the Earth's surface escapes you, I don't have high hope s you'll come up with anything.

Your question is more "why doesn't he talk about what he designs" to which there are any number of possible answers. The one I favour is that most ele ctronic design is for more complicated systems than those that interest you , and it is correspondingly difficult to squeeze anything interesting about it down to something that would fit into the local attention span.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

is currently in the Earth?s atmosphere represents about one percen t of the frozen methane hydrate store in the East Siberian Arctic Shelf."

ane hydrate under the East Siberian Arctic Shelf.

aximum

ons of methane to the Earth atmsophere over a couple of thousand years, whi ch is rather more than the East Siberian Arctic Shelf seems to have to offe r.

s digging up fossil carbon and burning it as fuel, getting extra warming fr om the Arctic permafrost wouldn't be a good thing, but it is by no means ob vious how long it would take us to destabilise all the East Arctic methane hydrates, or whether these are the only deposits of methane hydrates we hav e to worry about.

know any of it within more than a few orders of magnitude.

But feel free to suggest a more precise estimation methodology. Seeing as t he expanse of ocean on the Earth's surface escapes you, I don't have high h opes you'll come up with anything.

work with it.

True.

Probably not. Molecular biology, also known as genetic engineering, is like ly to have more to offer.

Electronics made the world-wide web practical, but the changes to the world generated by the existence of the world-wide web probably shouldn't be asc ribed to electronics. Railways and steam engines changed the world, but the replacement of steam egines by electric and diesel-elelctric locomotives d idn't make a lot of difference.

--
[...]

That's just dumb. You seem quite ignorant of all the underlying science and support engineering that made electronics possible. And these are the same sciences that will eventually make the electronics you know a curiosity of antiquity.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The two aren't correlated (ref: Slowman).

Reply to
krw

Not correlated?

lunatic fringe electronics