Stupid comments by an engineer

The first time I heard this it was about throwing programmers at a software task. ("You can't get a baby in a month by getting nine ladies pregnant!")

If it takes a man 150 hours to assemble a garage, can 150 men assemble a garage in an hour? ;-)

CHeers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

my

Yes, come meet them. See how many can still use Ohms law, and how many recognize Shannon's law.

Not particularly, nor do i think i am dishonest. Come try working with the characters i have to work with. If you volunteer there is a one year opening in Sacramento.

Reply to
JosephKK

lot

think

with my

In a sense that discussion has occurred, and the bottom of the barrel wages has been partially relieved over the past few years. It did not improve the quality of existing employees.

Reply to
JosephKK

lot

think

my

work

I do not believe that your response is called for. =20

Most of the idiots you have to work with are managers that screwed up long term until getting into the situation where they needed to hire someone like you. Most of the idiots you deal with i say. =20

Many others here profit in the same way.

Reply to
JosephKK

They might have put that bit in because its less insulting than to say "PLUG THE DAMN THING IN!"

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo  ;-P
Reply to
RFI-EMI-GUY

Exactly; kinda cute. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Except for the fact tat GE never made those appliances. They were made by Black & Decker for GE.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

Hmmmm? IIRC GE (appliances) and Black & Decker were separate entities until B & D bought the GE Small Appliance Division , retained the name for quite some time, then started labeling them as B & D ?? ...Jim Thompson

  Obama says, "I AM NOT a cry baby, Fox REALLY IS out to get me!"

I used to buy tools from a B&D factory outlet store. They always had piles of refurbished GE coffee makers and toasters, along with other GE odds & ends. This was years before they put their own name on them. When I asked about them, I was told that they had made them for GE for decades. That was over 20 years ago. They told me that GE made large appliances, but not any small appliances.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's simply not true. B&D bought GE small appliances, along with the name, some time back (late '60s, IIRC) but GE *did* make and market their own small appliances.

Reply to
krw

Then who is making small GE appliances these days? They just ran a GE small appliance ad on TV.

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Last I knew, B&D (see: "along with the name", above). BTW, I believe GE still make major appliances.

Reply to
krw

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 AE6EO

The talented ones do software rather than hardware these days.

Ever hear of companies named Microsoft and Google?

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

Again a good discussion and I agree.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

I see B&D small appliances in stores, and I have a crappy GE washer & dryer in my laundry room. They were bought new and used less than two months by my dad & stepmom before being replaced with a new pair from Sears. I'm still using my 20+ year old sears washer & dryer and will, until they aren't worth repairing.