Standard Resistor Values: Why not a true geometric series?

"Doing us all a big favor" would be more like applying a few kilovolts in and out of your temples, you lobotomized piece of shit.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

explaining

person's hands. lololol

How was I wrong earlier, idiot? Dig yourself in deeper... go ahead.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

comprehend

I don't need a primer on electrical engineering, "electricity", nor the electron physics behind it or its interaction with human flesh from an utter retard like you.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

topic!

It is a colloquialism, idiot.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Nice snip, kook boy.

It actually read with those words, and "like you" on the end.

The moral of this story is, when someone is calling you a troll, yet is obviously trolling you... take it for what it is worth.

Just so you know, you and your pig sized daughter are worthless.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

points

comprehend

That's true since you couldn't comprehend it no matter where you got the information.

--

ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
> I am wiser than a retarded , illiterate dumb fuck
Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=AA=BA=AA_rrock

Just so you know, idiot. AIR is an insulator. Vacuum is NOT an insulator, as you so erroneously claimed. It is merely a GAP that must have the proper level of VOLTAGE applied to it to be breached.

You know, like the GAP between your ears!

I also stated that the resultant CURRENT required would be very little, not the voltage applied to make current flow, idiot. You know, like the norm for high resistances... low current.

You will never get any of it right, little boy. Face it, you are lost.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

What you said just above for vacuum is generally a property of gas atmospheres more than one of vacuum space!

Don Klipstein

Do they punch out the CU traces as well?

Robert

Robert Adsett

John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com posted to sci.electronics.design:

I used to be well enough practiced to multiply any two 4 digit numbers in my head. They would pull out a calculator only to find every digit is correct.

Reply to
JosephKK

ChairmanOfTheBored snipped-for-privacy@crackasmile.org posted to sci.electronics.design:

Just because i do not find self-important bragging necessary to my psyche, and thus use subtle means to express it; is no just reason for your name calling. You failed on the on the basic electricity of voltage, current, and power dissipation question. And no amount of name calling can erase that.

Reply to
JosephKK

That's calculating. What we do is more like estimating. Like ballparking the SRF of a 10 uF 0603 cap, which we did standing up on Friday. Somebody said something like "oh, L is -9 and C is -5 [meaning the exponents] so omega must be about seven, which is around 1.5 MHz." Stuff like that, accurate to 25% or so without any serious computation. It's fun, actually, sort of a game. And it lets you quickly decide if something, say a parasitic node capacitance or some such, is worth looking into further.

Same thing with that burden resistor; a few seconds is all it takes to figure it will dissipate about a tenth of a watt. Saves on calculator wear.

John

There's a curve of breakdown voltage (in volts/meter or some such) versus air pressure. Higher pressures than atmospheric increase breakdown voltage, and lower pressures reduce it, but at some low pressure it starts to go back up. A perfect vacuum is a perfect insulator. In ultra-high vacuum, it's not the vacuum that ultimately breaks down, it's the fact that the field is so high it rips electrons or ions out of the metallic surface of whatever electrodes are used. That takes numbers like 1e9 v/m or so.

Google "Paschen Curve" ... Interesting stuff.

John

I failed nothing. If you didn't have such poor reading skills you would have noted that I opted to not even participate.

You retarded dumbfuck.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

I do not need to google it. I worked with it for the last ten years, and if your google skills were good enough, you would find that I posted about it here a couple years ago. I think I even included a link to the plotted graph.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Oh. Your statement that "Vacuum is NOT an insulator" led me to think that you consider vacuum to be not an insulator.

Thanks for clearing that up.

John

Vacuum is a GAP. If you had ever used a glass encapsulated "spark gap" device, you would know that. They are selected by the voltage at which the designer want them to arc over at. They are constructed by the width of the GAP between the two points inside the high vacuum glass encapsulation.

If it were an insulator, that would infer a physical presence, and upon the very first breach of said presence, the media would no longer be able to withstand the same pressure that it did before the breach.

A vacuum GAP acts as an insulator would, inasmuch as a requisite pressure is required to breach said gap. Were it not for micro-metallization of said vacuum "space" that pressure value would always be the same.

Just so you don't get all stupid like the rocktard does, the term "pressure" refers to voltage.

Reply to
ChairmanOfTheBored

Sounds like the old "Lightning Empiricist" crowd.

Robert H.

Reply to
Robert

Yes, but not as accurate. Those guys were hardcore.

John

Oh. It insulates, but it's not an insulator. Got it.

All the gaps I used were gas-filled, often with a radioactive additive to better define the breakover voltage. Even triggered spark gaps are usually gas-filled. Do you know of any glass gaps that are vacuum?

There are some HV relays that are vacuum, Kilovac and such, and of course vacuum variable capacitors (very low dielecrric loss!)

Umm, I think not. The breakover voltage of a vacuum gap is very high and very poorly-defined, and the breakover will damage the electrodes.

Huh????

Does "voltage" in turn refer to pressure?

John