Series resistor

Hi,

Recently I have a DSP filter project. From the DSP evaluation module circuit I found that for almost all digital outputs there are 33 ohm resistors connecting in series before to the target pin. I wonder if it is necessary as it would spend much PCB space in my custom board.

Thanks!

Reply to
eeh

Acts as a series termination, to "kill" reflections on the driven line. You obviously need some trace length to go from one IC to another; an

0402 size chip will take no more space...
Reply to
Robert Baer