Spice model suggestions, ping Jim?

Jim,

Since you said you were interested in suggestions for Spice models, so here's two:

SA612/SA602. There are models around, but I have no way of knowing how good they are.

BF904R. This strange dual-gate MOSFET is NLA, but was the secret sauce in some interesting RF front-ends because of its ability to run very high gain or attenuation (+-70dB in one example I'm aware of) with amazing IP3. A model would help in finding something that can reproduce this performance. Yes, I'm aware of Phil's GaAs/SiGe cascode combination...

Just a thought, in case it tickles your fancy.

--
Clifford Heath.
Reply to

Ancient, but amusing... they're assigned to the queue. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Nothing on the data sheet tells me the voltage on pins 1 and 2, just shows a block called "bias".

Can you provide those numbers?

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

No, but if it's a clue, I've seen it used as a place to control the gain. In particular, the G3ZOI 2m ARDF receiver allows these pins to rise more than one diode drop above ground to reduce gain. (I think, without checking the TA7613AP data sheet).

Does that help?

Oh, and the BF904R was used in HF for low IP3, but wasn't the exceptional transistor - I was thinking of the 3SK299, along with similar obsolete devices like the NE25139 and NE25339, all of which only exist as counterfeits, it seems.

I'd still be interested in how the BF904R works.

Reply to
Clifford Heath