Jim, simple U04 SPICE model?

Hi Jim,

I'm trying to make a simple U04 inverter using generic N-channel and P- channel MOSFETS for use in studying crystal oscillator power levels. Some time ago you helped by giving the length and width needed, but that was several disk crashes and Windows wipeouts ago, so that information is long gone. Can you do it again?

The first attempt will be in a 25MHz Pierce using an ECS-250-18-4-F with a max power rating of 0.5mW, so the inverter needs to be fast. It turns out to be difficult to run this crystal at its rated power in a series tuned Clapp - the tank voltages needed for the 30 ohm esr are very low. I'm hoping the Pierce will allow higher voltages.

While searching google groups for a U04 spice model, I found reference to your Charter zip file and Win's HCU04 rectifier. I still have it on my disk, but it doesn't seem to have what I need.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

Mike, Send me an E-mail so I have your address, and I'll send you the models.

...Jim Thompson

Thanks, Jim.

I can't use the address on your contact page - it is still in javascript and I have disabled the connection between the browser and the email client to improve security against malware. So all I get for your email address is javascript:void(0)

Maybe you could use the address encoded on my contact page:

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

Done.

...Jim Thompson

If you use FireFox, individual pages can be javascript-enabled. I have my default set as disabled, except for credit cards and banks.

In addition, E-mailer links to Eudora aren't automatically sent, as they are in "other" programs ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,

Maybe that's ok for you, but think of the people you want to contact you.

Using javascript forces your clients to enable it. They may be using other browsers, such as MS Explorer. Once they turn it on, it is easy to forget to turn it off. Afterwards, if they happen to click on a link that has malware, they may get hurt. An example is the VB worm that was recently posted here.

Opera wouldn't display your email address even after I enabled javascript and reloaded the page. So Opera users cannot contact you at all.

The U04 file arrived fine. It looks pretty self-explanatory so I should have no problems. Thanks much!

The link you used to send me that U04 file has been up for over five years. It uses very simple replacement encoding, and any browser will display the address with javascript turned off. Spambots probably hit that link several times per second, but they ignore encoded addresses. I have received a few unwanted sales pitches from companies, but not a single piece of spam.

Many sites will encode your address for free so spambots can't find it. Here's one:

Regards,

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett