Specifying a DVDRecorder

I am working on the specification of a DVDRecorder I am confusing with the a lot of system issues, especially the Audio Performance. Can anybody explain to me the difference between unweighted S/N and weighted S/R, channel separation as well as audio systems:- I read a lot in wikipedia, I found many resources but I lost my way and need a good guidence for initiatives! Can anybody tell me what are the important parameters in specifying RF, Audio and Video performance of a recorder and how to measure them??? Or just give me some straight forward links like wikipedia for beginners like me. Regards

Reply to
Myauk

There is some good stuff here

for audio, althought it is getting a bit bloated with IT terminology these days For video see if there are some Tektronixs documents available. They used to have some good tutorials

martin

Reply to
martin griffith