spark gap fun

Tom Del Rosso

Only part I didn't like was when he used a soldering iron to punch holes in the PVC pipe - that just ain't right.

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:DSxmG.9638$ snipped-for-privacy@fx20.iad:

No different than the woodburning days, ya whimp.

I used to shoot a bb gun at a candle to observe the splash effect that happens as the wax liquifies upon impact. It differes depending on the candle's temperature. A had 4 inch candles that had BBs sprinkled all over it. Heat that PVC pipe up enough and you can use a BB gun to poke the holes. Now THAT would fall into the "that just ain't right" category.

I used to sit in class and take apart a clear Bic pen and melt it with my lighter and I would melt and pull and smash and when I got done, it looked just like a real hypodermic syringe. I used to freak the teachers out. That was mid seventies Jr. High.

Melting plastic is fun. Making it seize up in the right shape is the hard part.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

They make tools for creating small neat holes in plastic. called a Dremel.

Somehow not surprised...they had invented the Nintendo Entertainment System by that point of my childhood and I think our Moms were secretly happy though naturally parents would complain "it rots ya brain" for public consumption/PR purposes, at least.

I knew this one kid in Catholic high school who hated Spanish class so much he'd cut his hand open with a pocket knife and juice himself like a pro wrestler to get out of it. "Ms. Lanning I had an accident! I think I need to see the nurse!" bleeding out all over his desk. " Ok Brian go ahead just get the hell out of here /eyeroll"

I only spent two years there those kids were nuts

Reply to
bitrex