"Space Command"

My Sony Bluray player remote uses AA. RMT-B109A

Several use coin cells: My Sanyo internet radio. My Cyberhome DVD player and some unmarked remotes for gadgets. Everything else is AAA. Some use four AAA cells. :(

Michael A. Terrell

The DISH remotes use four AAA cells. What a PITA. The other battery that should involve a prison sentence is the 9V "transistor" battery.

Reply to
krw

I am trying to buy a damaged Atlas metal lathe (10" * 36"). I was thinking about turning a base for a smoke detector to hold six AA Alkaline cells, and add a pigtail to reach the battery compartment as an early project. The lathe has some damaged gears, but it & the needed gears should only be a couple hundred dollars. :)

You could make one out of wood on a wood lathe, as well.

Michael A. Terrell

Indeed. I get quite frustrated with remotes where clearly there was physical room to allow for "AA" cells, but for some odd reason the designers went for "AAA" cells anyway.

That being said, I do like my little penlight that uses "AAAA" cells. :-)

Reply to
Joel Koltner