AKAI CFT2791 TV problem

while watching tv, an intermittent (unrequested) menu will appear on the screen. sometimes the menu will remain for one or more seconds, then disappear without my intervention. often it will not disappear and i have to press "menu" on the remote to remove it from the screen.

this is not a problem with the remote. i have removed the batteries from the remote and the same intermittent problem occurs, as described above. also, there are no other remotes being used in the area when this is happening.

i have the schematic for this tv. can someone tell me which component in the tv is likely causing this problem?

Reply to
nucleus