LCD contrast Control negative STN

Hi All,

We are changing from std Yellow positve STN to Blue/White negative STN.

Does the contrast voltage pin work in opposite direction between postive and negative STN?

Eg For deeper contrast on positive STN : Contrast Voltage reduced For deeper contrast on negative STN Contrast Voltage increased

Are these statements above correct?

Thanks in advance Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

What do the datasheets say?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sorry Michael,

This looks like a reply but realy it's the 1st post, as the 1st one didn't go through.

So I am looking for replies.

Sorry to confuse.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

??

What do the datasheets say?

Reply to
SparkyGuy

I am waiting for the data sheets from the manufactuer that could be some time.

Hence my email hear about -ve STN

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

"Joe G \\(Home\\)" wrote in news:46292317$0$22843 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.optusnet.com.au:

some

Why do you need to know so soon? If you are doing a PCB design now, an want consitancy in operation, just design the pot for either way. It is not that hard. Same for the code if you are doing it from your host micro, but have a dip-switch, jumper, or option diode to select positive or negative.

Reply to
Gary Tait

Tto improve my learning and experinces other people have had.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)