Something weird just happened...

The internet connection went down for 1 second or so.

Then it didn't work...

I walk to the cable modem and blow off the dust... and everything works again !

So I guess it was just some dust on it ?

Hmmm...

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Correlation does not imply causality.

Reply to
gearhead

You walked to the cable modem and back in one second? Shazam!

I had a high-voltage regulator that I tortured to see if it needs a re-design. A cloud moved in front of the full moon and ... *KAPOW*

I'll never do this again when there is a full moon :-)

--
SCNR, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

No, it just wanted to get blown.

Reply to
WangoTango

No, a windows pop-up occured: "Internet connection disconnected" 1 second later "Internet connection connected".

(then it still didn't work, then I walk to cable modem, pick it up, look at it, put it down, walk back, can't remember if it worked I think so, I walk to cable modem again, blow off dust just in case, then it definetly worked again.)

Good for you ! ;) :)

Bye, Skybuck ;) =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

This was just our initial attempt. We expect to be able to bring your connection down for weeks at a time any day now.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

Wear pants next time! :)

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

That reminds me of a funny cartoon, which I'll have to describe since I don't have an image of it handy.

Picture Wonder Woman and Shazam sitting on the couch in the Marriage Counselor's office.

A visibly perturbed, and ungratified Wonder Woman turns to the doctor and says... "Then all of the sudden, he shouts 'Shazam', and that's it for the night!"

Reply to
mpm

Check. Dust clogs the bits so much that they cannot move. You could say they BYTE the dust.

Reply to
Robert Baer