Re: New harddisks don't boot when old harddisks are disconnected.

>>At first I thought it was the hardware, but others have noticed this weird >>behaviour as well: >> >>

You are both absolute idiots.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Boy, you have been out of the loop too long. SkyTard Crying has more on the ball than you.

That is a huge indictment against you claiming to be intelligent.

There have not been selection jumpers on hard drives for years. Literally.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Yet you are apparently too stupid to know that you can 'order' your drives from within the bios such that no matter what actual positions they are on or their respective I/O ports, they can be presented to the observing system in any order.

Mine does, and it is 7 years old.

Get a clue, little boy. YOU broke your system... AGAIN.

Reply to
TheJoker

" Yet you are apparently too stupid to know that you can 'order' your drives from within the bios such that no matter what actual positions they are on or their respective I/O ports, they can be presented to the observing system in any order.

Mine does, and it is 7 years old.

Get a clue, little boy. YOU broke your system... AGAIN. "

Read first sentence idiot where I wrote: "I tried to change boot order".

It doesn't help windows still gets confused... and now there are even bigger problems... probably cause by old harddisk which apperently misbehaves protocol-wise... I bet you never heard of that boy !

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Proof that you do not know anything about computers OR electronics.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Are you not the complete retard that said you have a Knoppix disc, idiot?

What? You never heard of Imgburn?

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

You are an idiot. A retarded twit. You know less than nothing.

Fuck off and die.

Reply to
Sum Ting Wong

Only a total retard laughs about his criminality.

All of your PCs should be confiscated and you should be jailed.

Maybe... just maybe... THEN you will get it.

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

" Only a total retard laughs about his criminality.

All of your PCs should be confiscated and you should be jailed.

Maybe... just maybe... THEN you will get it. "

LOL,

Only a retard thinks finding a key is a criminal act ! LOL ;) =D

Bye, Skybuck =D

Hey look people I found a key:

12345KEY LOL.
Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Well that wasn't hard ! ;) =D

Here we go people:

Name : Peter Doctor Zuma Serial: M1-E4M93-56QD7-V3VGC-A2AMW

Yeah... I kinda Peter Doctor Zuma ! LOL.

Bye, Bye, Skydoc ! ;) =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

I'll attempt to answer the original question without getting into the catfight.

I did a complete machine overhaul this last weekend. New motherboard, new hard drives, new CD drives, new CPU, the whole shot. Kept the video card and emergency dialup modem.

Cloned the new drives with the old drives by Acronis software. Did a verify just to prove to myself that all the bits were there.

Couldn't get the new drives to boot the system; fought it for about six hours.

Finally the "aha" hit. The new bios was set to read the new SATA drives but the old motherboard had the old IDE drive setting. Set the new bios for IDE and bingo, up pops the boot.

Did all the tweaking to set the new drives to SATA, reset the bios to SATA and all is well.

Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering

So you set the BIOS to IDE to make it work.

What was it originally set to AHCI or something ? (Can't remember which 4 letters, but it's something new I guess ! ;))

I checked those settings too... could have told ya and save you 6 hours lol :)

But mine were already at IDE ! Hmmm... I read AHCPI or whatever... is not well supported by Windows ! ;)

I guess you didn't read that website ;)

Oh well... Now you must be glad that everything is working hey ! ;)

Another fine story of wasted time on boot problems ! ;) :)

Bye, Skybuck =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

I heard that you are retarded.

I'll bet what I heard is closer to the truth than what you claim you read.

Reply to
Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle