Something we can all agree on

Well, I'm starting to get the feeling that the administration wants people to know they are breaking the law. They think it'll make people take them seriously. They are "Tough On Terror". Bush seemed proud of his illegal wiretapping during a press conference I watched on CSPAN, and, judging by the responses from people here, he is playing to his base.

Unfortunately, it makes him a common criminal, but hey, what is more important? Upholding an oaths, or winning elections? They want people to assume they are willing to torture confessions out of people as if they were "Special Agent Jack Bauer" trying to find the warhead before it goes off. They would also prefer people didn't know that they were really more like the Keystone Kops when it came to preventing another terrorist attack (at least according to the 9/11 commissioner's 'report card'.)

Regards,
  Bob Monsen

(Regarding sqrt(-1)) : ... we can repudiate completely and which we can
abandon without regret because one does not know what this pretended sign
signifies nor what sense one ought to attribute to it.
- Cauchy in 1847
Reply to
Bob Monsen

Have they? Have they admitted to spying on citizens, in the US? I'd like a reference please, other than the original Drudge lie that the RNC has been playing up. I guess when they are called on it, they figure they can claim a 'failure of intelligence'. You got that right.

Regards,
  Bob Monsen

Zero is the number of objects that satisfy a condition that is never
satisfied.  But as never means "in no case", I do not see that any progress
has been made.
- Poincare
Reply to
Bob Monsen

Hey, Richard! Thanks for the reminder why I've got this "Keith" troll filtered...

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

LOL!!!

"Der Furor" ??!!

I love it! ;-D ;-D ;-D

Cheers! Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to

No, the ones who are committing crimes need to be prosecuted. I'm sorry that the facts conflict with your religious fanatacial fantastical fog, but the guy is a criminal.

They're trotting out Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter, saying, "Well, they did it too!", as if that's an excuse - I think it's another case of the self-inflicted double-whammy, i.e., the Demos did it but got away with it - the dumbfuck Repugnocrats weren't even clever enough to get away with it! And they _HATE_ that!

"Revenge At All Costs!" Or some such insane bullshit.

Thanks, Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Well, one option would be to use your brain for something more than parroting the party line.

Good Luck! Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

If you're doing "blind" listening, you're already a criminal. It's just that simple.

Didn't "conservative" used to mean "those who conserve", like conserving The Constitution? The neocons sure seem to have turned that upside down.

Thanks, Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Well, what do you define them as?

Thanks, Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

the

set

war

I guess you missed what I meant. Let me restate it.

Do you think the courts consistently rule in fovor of the president's war powers in the matter of wiretaps? If so. please provide references.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Winning? I have no need to "win" anything. Over 70% of the US population agrees with me (and even >50% of the Democrats). OTOH, you seem to have had the need to bring in a red-herring to try to shore up your argument; you lose.

--
  Keith
Reply to

perhaps for you, it isn't like that for me. nor was it ever so for me. Just the same well done delivery from someone who enjoys the subject is more enjoyable and easier to learn form.

--
JosephKK
Reply to