Why do all the other cranks get their theories published?

I have been working on a theory of gravity, and would like help modeling everything else that we know about gravity into the theory. So I can self publish my work in a journal or on a website like Wikipedia. Gravity is represented as F= G( (m1*m2) / r^2 ) , and I would like to change this theory, but make sure that the math still works exactly the same. The Force Of Gravity is equal to the Gravitiational Constant multiplide by the masses of two objects, and divided by their distance appart.

So in my game where you form a circle of 10 pennies that represent the gravitational pull of one object, and my individual penny which sits outside of the circle entirely solitary. The odds still remain 10/11, when you are flipping a fair coin to decide which pile wins each round. As the piles move there is a .09765625% of flipping 10 wins in a row for the individual penny, and a 50% chance that the pile of 10 pennies will win on the first round. But my question was, how do I calculate the average number of coin flips before the larger pile wins.

And the answer is k(n-k)

That's right, k(n-k). So in my illistration, you can see that the circle of 10 pennies attracts to lonely penny into its gravitational field after 10 coin flips on average. But theoretically the number of rounds in the game could come close to infinity. And in practice you win after the first round or too. And I think you can see how this example illistrates a basic understanding of gravity. If we assume that gravity accelerates everything on earth at 9.8 m/s^2. For example if we look at the earth as being a mass of 10 pennies, and we look as the signle penny as being a distance of 4.9 meters, then if we follow this equation.

t = sqrt( ( 2(4.9 m) ) / ( 9.8 m/s^2 ) ) = 1 s

And if we say the average number of coin flips it takes to produce this effect is 10, then each coin flip represents 1/10th of a second. So on average it takes just 1 second. Now obviously with correct preportions of pennies, and more sophisticated mathematics, and a better understanding of the physical formulas for gravity. We could do a lot more. And be far more precise.

So here is my final gravity theory. We use the quadratic formula to solve 2*n/9.8 = k(n-k) for k, which makes k=(1/14) (7n +- sqrt(49 n^2

- 40 n)).

So now we have the formula ( (1/14) (7n +- sqrt(49 n^2 - 40 n)) ) * (n

- ((1/14) (7n +- sqrt(49 n^2 - 40 n))) ) , which solves the gravity problem. And solves the problem of averages in my game of pennies!

Reply to
virtualadepts

That's forbidden under the Patriot Act. Mentioning the Patriot Act is also forbidden. Burn this posting without reading it.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

In message , dated Sun, 10 Sep 2006, Homer J Simpson writes

Yes, what we desperately need is a Theory of Levity. Genome helps, but is perhaps too radical. Everyone is TOO SERIOUS. Some are beyond serious, verging on dire.

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate

Andy writes;

Interesting theory... But if you had used dimes instead of pennies, the force would have been ten times as great...

Do you begin to see the problem ??

Using Gold pieces, you would have created a black hole. and the gravity well would be coherently confusionalistic, which would lead to the duality of universes...

..... and I think you might actually be in the other one...

Andy W4OAH

ps.... Never screw around with an Isaac Asimov fan..........

Reply to
AndyS

What posting?

John

Sounds good to me....Why don't you ask Thomas Lee Elifritz and Archemedes Plutonium what they think?

Reply to
Bob Eld

He's not everyone's cup of.... well, I *hope* that's tea...

Maybe everyone should be more happy and gay, and there would be less dire straits.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

If we were all happily gay there would be fewer of everyone.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Or a big electric fan.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

LOL @ gay Spehro !

I had a fun night out yesterday anyway.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

don t worry, it's on Youtube already

Real antigravity, and no special FX

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

OK. Sing along, now... "Don't worry, be happy..."

Umm, actually, I liked Dire Straits way better than Bobby McPheron.

"That ain't workin'; that's the way I like it. Get your money for nothin' and your chicks for free."

Reply to
xray

Why dont you jump in a black hole to investigate your theory, that is much more relevant than blathering in an electrnics group, unless of course you dont know about that subject anything either. What do you expect us to do, but to ignore your ignorance.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

In article , Spehro Pefhany wrote: [....]

... but .. dire straits were a fairly good band.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Gravity is Love.

--
For more information, please feel free to visit http://www.godchannel.com
Reply to

I think you could be on to something here. The last time I placed 10 gold pieces in a circle on a table, they disappeared. It was just after someone yelled, "Look! Its Halley's Comet!"

Think honk if you\'re a telepath.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

[..snip rest of gibberish...]

This sounds like it *could* be interesting, but your English is so broken, and you are so stupid, the description is indecipherable. Either you express yourself intelligibly or you can go GFY as far as anyone is concerned. I don't know what kind of brain damaged and demented MORON would write such a thing without a hint of compulsion to rigorously define the ambiguous and idiomatic language you use. You're a disgusting pile of subhuman confusion.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Read th Allens Time web page? The universe is a joke, negative energy should be named the funny force.

Fred Bloggs wrote:

Reply to
dougfgd

Gravity is just an expression of the need for things to get into their lowest energy state.

The big problem is that people get confused by the introduction of a theory of gravity as a means of explaining things when, in the form you have stated it.... it is only an observation.

As I once explained to a person with a degree in logic and philosophy....

'It might look like a telephone to you but if I were to transfer my sensory perception of it into your brain you might just see a pink elephant.'

His reply was....

'Bollocks!'

An impressive response from a degreed man who was spliffed out of his head and lived his life for the opportunity to hear someone tell him the kettle was boiling so he could say something like......

'Are you sure you really mean that?'

Of course, when I was spliffed out of my head I solved Nuclear Fusion and the Origins of the Everything. I can understand your frustration.

However, when the kettle is boiling and someone tells me the 'kettle is boiling' I sometimes say something like....

'I KNOW IT'S FUCKING BOILING, I PUT IT ON TO MAKE A CUP OF TEA. UNFORTUNATELY YOU HAVE SO PISSED ME OFF BY TELLING ME SOMETHING I KNEW IN THE FIRST PLACE THAT I AM GOING TO CUT MY FUCKING LEG OFF!'

DNA

Reply to
Genome

What I wonder is, what kind of container did you use to hold the kettle in while you were boiling it?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi