Solid caps can blow up?

They refuse to ship to the UK!

And scuba tanks are great fun, especially naked.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Figures.

I sometimes regret not getting into scuba. When I was a kid I snorkeled and it was a lot of fun. Maybe it's not too late.

"For the diving examination, her date of birth was changed from 1902 to

1922 for at her age she was not allowed to make a diving certificate."

Fortunately the US has no maximum age.

Reply to
rbowman

Actually they won't ship anywhere outside the states. Surely there are other countries you can use guns?

It's another world under there.

No country has any age limit, young or old. That's just for the official diving groups with silly regulations. Go by yourself, that's what I do. Buy your own gear on Ebay and go where you want when you want. You don't need lessons, you just read how to do it on google. There's very little to know that isn't obvious.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Am Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, um 03:07:19 Uhr schrieb Brian Gregory:

Yes, it was normal water, but our water here contains a lot of calcium inside, that improves the conductivity.

Reply to
Marco Moock

Am Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, um 04:14:44 Uhr schrieb New Me:

Drying is the relevant part. Without water there can't be conductivity. With water and minerals inside there is, but the resistance is high.

It will not change the speed in any way, the clocks will they the same.

Reply to
Marco Moock

Am Mittwoch, 10. August 2022, um 04:25:24 Uhr schrieb Commander Kinsey:

To clean it out from dust. I also know one guy who wash motherboards.

Reply to
Marco Moock

Dust falls off things with air, you don't need water complicating matters.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Some dive shops get snarky about refilling tanks, not a problem with your own compressor. The context there is the PCP air gun crowd that have to sweet talk the dive shop into filling their tanks. A 5000 psi compressor isn't cheap. There are handpumps if you want to stay fit. 100 or more strokes for 2200 psi.

Riefenstahl was in her '70s when she was certified, but since she was born in 1902 that was also in the 1970's. Things change.

Reply to
rbowman

My water has all the essential minerals you could ever want. The deposits on the car if the lawn sprinkler hits it are a bitch to remove.

Reply to
rbowman

Yeah I think they want a certificate here in the UK aswell. Well f*ck them, it's cheaper to buy a compressor anyway. It's my life I'll take my own risks and they can go shove it. And no I don't need a "buddy".

Oh yes it is. If you're not in a hurry a $170 unit will fill a large scuba tank in an hour.

I don't think I'll try that with a scuba tank. Not unless I hired a fit young lad to do it for me.

Certification is a sham. It's not rocket science to swim underwater.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You want to have high pressure tanks hydroed periodically--a faulty one is no joke.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yeah right. And you should have your car serviced regularly too. I've seen pictures of tanks still in use that pass tests, covered in knocks and scrapes and rust damage on the outside, mine is in perfect condition, I'll decide when I don't think it's safe. Guess what, I shave my own face too.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sure, buddy...

.

.

Exploding Scuba Tank in L&W Explosion Safety Box (may be a fire extinguisher - blew at 318 Bar or a bit higher)

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

Indeed, he'd have been much safer with the helmet off :-)

But seriously, chances are if a million people did that, only a few would die.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Which is as unlikely as winning the lottery, which is why I never enter.

I haven't taken the covid one, but mainly because it's unnecessary. Most people recover just fine. Me, I never even caught it, despite taking no precautions whatsoever and mingling with many folk. My sister, her husband, and their two kids caught it, after being vaccinated. Shows you how brilliant that idea was....

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

That may well be true if you have a decent sense of balance. I have difficulty riding a bicycle one handed. No handed makes me fall off in 1 second. I've never tried a motorbike and I'm sure it would end badly.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The gyroscopic effect is your friend. 80 mph on a bike and you have to work at it to do anything other than a straight line.

I had an old ten speed that I could ride one handed but both my current bicycles are mountain bikes. Their steering geometry is twitchier than a road bike.

Reply to
rbowman

But what about going round corners?

I tried my friend's road bike once and couldn't get going at all, since the handlebars aren't wide enough, I can't stand those drop things, they're too narrow, not enough leverage.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Just do it. Don't think about it.

rbowman