TLV5734

Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone can shed any light on how the above chip is used? I understand it largely however I am slightly confused by the output format of the information.

I just want to used 1 channel to digitise one stream of video. the output is 8 bits per channel, but if i want to get my output out in RGB which is of course 4:4:4, how does this come out? does one of the colours just come out every clock cycle? so i'd need to count 3 in my hardware for each pixel, obviously along with all the control for the chip

Cheers

David

Reply to
googlinggoogler

Hello David,

I am not familiar with this ADC but how about doing it the brute-force way: Can't you feed all three ADC in parallel from that one video source? Of course you'd have to run the clamp on all them them as well.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Joerg,

Thats a good idea, I think (its still in my head) that I should have enough pins on my FPGA to do that as well as my USB and RAM, although I'm gonna have to check that out first.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm still interested to figure out how it works when the 3 colour spaces are done over 1 channel, think im gonna have to get some samples in and have a play - I only choose this IC due to its small footprint and relative simplicity. Plus its cheap and will forefill my application (which only a hobby level board for digitizing.

Thanks

David

Reply to
googlinggoogler

Hello David,

Using them in parallel shouldn't need more any pins on an FPGA.