SMPS repair part search

I just removed the switching supply used to power an HP spectrum analyzer. No schematic is available for the supply as it's an OEM unit from a company Mico-Energy, which I think is out of business. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, one of the semiconductors that died is a Motorola TO-220 part that I believe is a Mosfet. I can only make out 5 of the 6 char due to the hole that was burned into the side of the part.

TP2N ? 5.

My best datasheet search turned up a MTP2N35 part, but this was made by ST and an ON Semi showed no cross reference. Does anyone have a Motorola data book around 1990 which would show what is likely the part that I am searching for? I appreciate any help you can offer.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan

MTP2N45/50, 55/60 and 85/90.

A regular off-line bridge would use the 45 or 50; a single-ended flyback or forward converter would use the 55, 60, 85, or 90, depending upon turns and secondary voltage stress.

50/500V, 550/600V and 850/900V.

4 ohms, 6 ohms and 8 ohms respectively; gate drive above 8V required.

RL

Reply to
legg

Thanks for your input. Now to see if i can find a replacement. Take care. Jim

Reply to
Jim Flanagan