SLD920X radar detector/jammer - does it actually work??

--- Why are you getting so upset?

All he did was bring up a couple of instances which you hadn't covered.

Besides, who knew you were posting from uk.rec.driving.? There are currently four newsgroups to which this thread is being crossposted, and even if we knew that it had originated in uk.rec.driving, there's no hint that it's primarily about car driving (as would be obvious if it came from uk.primarily.about.driving.cars) is there?

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

Yes, bravo well done for stating the one exception to the rule. Made your day has it, feel that you've added something useful and worthwhile to the fount of human knowledge tosser?

Reply to
Brimstone

Interesting , thanks.

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can\'t afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk    www.ebayfaq.co.uk
Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Nope, just putting a brat in it's place.How do I know the PP is a brat? If s/he was a mature pedant we'd have got chapter and verse on the history and the why and wherefores of registration plates.

Reply to
Brimstone

Actually there are several exceptions to the rule , if you had bothered to look instead of sprouting crap

Reply to
steve robinson

Ooh, touchy.

--
Mark Foster, Brighton, Sussex, UK
E-mail: m.e.fosterREMOVEMEFIRST@sussex.ac.uk

Perhaps if I'd said "cars and lorries" instead would that have satisfied you? Since the motoring NG this is posted in is primarily about car driving my phrasing was in context. It#s tossers like you that make groups such as this such bloody hard work. Now FOAD.

Reply to
Brimstone

Actually you posted this in Alt. uk law and Uk legal which are primarly a legal discussion group so my point was valid if you cant understand that then you must be a bigger f****it then you first appeared , and its tossas likeYOU that make groups such as this hard work now f*ck off back to uk rec driving and next time ask mommy before you come out to play with the big boys

*plonk*
Reply to
steve robinson

Your "point" was no more valid than any of the other crap you you've spouted. You're just an analy retentive moron who is so inadequate that you have to show off how much you think you know, i.e. f*ck all. Now crawl back in your hole and fill it in behind you.

Reply to
Brimstone

I'm not, but don't tell him that. ;-)

Reply to
Brimstone

Gareth A. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The specs I've seen were 18 inches at 1000ft.Too wide,and you could be measuring the car next to the desired one. After all,the laser spot is invisible,and there's no method of verifying that the beam is actually striking what you believe you're aiming it at.

The Lidatek laser jammer mounts above the license plate,and one can fit additional jammers -if one can afford them.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

"Wrong time of the month". ROFL. What a tango alpha roger tango.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

So, what's so important about doing 100 MPH when 50 will get you there in time for lunch anyway? Alive, without killing innocent bystanders?

If you want to jam something, jam those fuckheads who talk on the telephone while they're supposed to be operating a ton of heavy machinery.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Except that, the way I understand it, there are states that don't (yet) require a front license plate.

But why put so much effort into defeating a system that's only intended to keep you from killing people?

If you're in _that_ much of a hurry to get where you're going, just leave two minutes earlier. I read a write-up of a study once, or maybe just heard it anecdotally, where they put two guys on the road, and they told one guy, "Get there as fast as you can, and screw the traffic laws!" and they told the other guy, "Get there safe, and obey all of the traffic laws."

The fast guy, in about a 400 mile (600 km) trip, beat the law-abiding guy by about two minutes. Less time than it takes to take a pee.

So, if you're in that much of a hurry, just piss in your car!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

So, obviously, if you are really impelled to flout the traffic safety laws, you should move to Arizona! ;-P

(Personally, I don't have a problem with going 35 in a 35 zone and so on. And hell, my car is only calibrated to about 85!)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:53:45 +0000, Brimstone wrote: ...

I don't know. What's a "human knowledge tosser"?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria
[snip]

No, he could drive a newer car.

I happen to have a '99 Camaro SS that came with Z-rated tires. The speedometer (and the car) goes to 155 mph. A V-6 Camaro shipped without speed-rated tires has an 85 mph speedometer and a limiter to match.

I also happen to live in Arizona and was once passed on one of our interstate highways by an 18-wheel truck (lorry). I was doing about

85 at the time and after the shock wore off, I pulled up to about 110+ and caught up then "slowed" to match his speed. He was doing 99 mph. Considering the location and traffic, it seemed okay to me.

OTOH, the (appropriate) speed limit in my neighborhood is 25 and my wife and I are the only two people around who observe it. Simply depends on what is prudent, not what some legislator sitting behind a desk determines is "safe."

Reply to
Wes Stewart

You sound like one of the nut-jobs that brought us 55-and-alive. Driving fast killing people. No link has ever been shown, limiting the discussion to highways designed for speed, as the Ike system is.

A couple of times a year I go out to visit my mother, which is a 1100mi trip. 100MPH would add two days to time there or cut out two days in a hotel in some dump along the way. In fact, 85MPH limits would likely do it.

This is just too silly for words. Higher speed faster. Ok, if you say so Rich! Yikes!

Whay don't you walk everywhere, if speed doesn't matter?

--
  Keith
Reply to

You must drive an *old* POS.

With you on the road, we'll need it!

--
  Keith
Reply to

People just don't understand the necessity for well-maintained tires in good condition. A guy was seriously injured just yesterday on our Interstate highway after a tire failure cause him to roll. As I write the temperature is 105 F and projected to be 109 F later today.

The weather is perfectly clear and you can imagine the temperature of the blacktop. At 75 mph (our current limit) the heat buildup in tires is huge. For a non-speed rated tire, it is perfectly appropriate to limit the max speed of the automobile. This is easily done in a computer-controlled fuel-injected engine. No different than the electronic rev limiter in my car that starts a purposeful misfire at

6500 RPM.

Our legislature actually tried to pass a law that set the max limits at the 85 percentile. It failed to pass, since the cops are against it and the loonies who believe that "speed kills" were against it too.

As a general rule (correct 85% of the time) people will drive at the appropriate speed. I have seen streets that were in poor condition where the limit was 45 and most everyone drove 35-40. This is akin to the story of the architects that build a campus, but leave out the sidewalks until they can observe where the people actually walk, then they put in the sidewalks.

Reply to
Wes Stewart