SLD920X radar detector/jammer - does it actually work??

+0100:

make

Yep, an old POS.

Call it what you will. I call it the truth.

It's set to "IN article , says...", so? It's Gravity's default.

--
  Keith
Reply to

I sent that a bit hastily, perceiving the poster I was replying to had somewhat over-reacted. I was, as well, attempting to be humerous. Apologies to the person I replied to if it was taken otherwise. However, I have no idea who you are, or the other person you mention is. Please leave me out of any vendetta, thanks.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

There's no vendetta, honest.

(Just be careful who's knocking at the door before you open it. :-) )

Reply to
Brimstone

Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@doubleclick.net:

How do you work that one out?

--
MrBitsy
Reply to

Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@doubleclick.net:

Breaking laws yes, killing people no.

--
MrBitsy
Reply to

Why is it that Big Brother (or GM or Apple Pie's, for that matter) must try to prevent idiots from doing what comes naturally. Cut the damage awards and let people be stupid.

I don't believe it's appropriate at all. If I want to change the tires...

Next time, try to convince the legislators that there are more motorists than cops. Yeah, there are always the loonies, but perhaps you can point out that they are, after all, loonies.

Sure. If for some reason the speed should be lowered in an area design the road for the wanted speed.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Easy for you to say. What if the idiot rolls his car into my lane? Or even better into your's.

BTW another rollover yesterday killed two. Tire failure.

Sure change the suspension and brakes too while you're at it, would you please?

This is tough to do when many of the legislators are loonies too.

They do that retroactively these days, they're called "speed bumps" or as Saguaro National Park says when referring proposed changes to a road I drive daily, "traffic calming devices."

Reply to
Wes Stewart

What makes you think of the word 'vendetta' for goodness sake? pete

Reply to
turtill

It is the obvious word for what you are doing.

--
Alex Heney
Global Villager

How would you know anything about it Alex unless of course you frequent the same ng's as Anthony Bournes. I am sure that is not the case at all;-) pete

Reply to
turtill

I have seen your posts about him in two of the other groups I do frequent. Always crossposted to several groups (as this was)

--
Alex Heney
Global Villager
To reply by email, my address is alexATheneyDOTPLUSDOTcom
Reply to
Alex Heney

[more snip]

Well, for one thing, there is no apostrophe in the possessive 'yours'. For another thing, if an idiot rolls his car into 'your' lane, you're supposed to be paying attention, taking responsiblity for the safe operation of a thousand pounds or more or hurtling metal on the public thoroughfare.

The broken part was the loose nut behind the steering wheel. Sorry to bust your fantasy, where you believe that someone else is responsible for your well-being.

Of course! If I'm responsible for the safe and sane operation of a thousand pounds of high-powered metal, doesn't it behoove me to not squash stray children and other idiots? [additional snip - Geez, isn't there some middle ground here, snippage- wise?]

Very good point. Legislators (except, of course, for my Uncle Dick (RIP), who got into the Minnesota legislature by asking his neighbors and friends to vote for him, and quit in disgust after one session, because the other legislators were loonies, or thugs on the take) are loonies, or thugs on the take.

Oh, feh. "general rule"s are going to be the death of us all.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard the Dreaded Libertaria

Right, but some accidents are simply not preventable once an event like this has occurred. All the defensive driving training and skill in the world can't prevent the unpreventable. Human reflexes are limited...even professional race car drivers crash, and some die.

Link doesn't work.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:18:24 GMT, Richard the Dreaded Libertarian wrote: [snip]

Sure, whatever you say. Oh, BTW, it's "responsibility."

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Oops!

http:/