Skype Messenging Question

shows

You don't get it, never mind. OT for this group anyway.

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

shows

text,

I'm not trying to be obstinate. What don't I get? Are you saying others using 8859-1 can't see my characters? ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

Here is a good first cut:

JosephKK

I'll stick with my useful ¼ ½ ¾ ² ³

Besides, MY 8859-1 has the ? symbol and £ ¢ ¥ ...Jim Thompson

                   Spice is like a sports car...
     Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.

While these might be useful in some mathematical or phsical expressions like

s = ½ a t ²

In the real world, there are no such things as exactly ¾ inch thick panels. Perhaps something like 0.75±0.05 inches.

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Which is why I keep that character set.

Of course. Take our (US "standard") 2" x 4", which is typically 1-½" x 3-½" :-( ...Jim Thompson