Simulation software design

Hello , i am interested in designing simualtion software for microcontrollers ,communication systems or for embedded systems. can anyone suggest a particular type of simulation/problem/device that i can use as start point for my design?

regards hari

Reply to
Hari

for PICs there are number of (free/open) simulators started, but none of them is completed and none of them can hold the growth in new components.

Why not join one of these developments ? Or is it a school assignment ?

Stef Mientki

Reply to
Stef Mientki

TI allways seemed to be lacking any free support for their micros. In compiliers and simulators. At least as far as I could tell. But it may be a copyright problem.

Martin Riddle

Hello there, it is not a school assignment ...just something i wantes to do on my own.. can you tell me how i can join these PIC simulator projects?

regards Hari

Reply to
scorpiohari

Here's an idea of what's out there: http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:mg222XG-E8QJ:

's-gpsim http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:hS-jliQgdw8J:
http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:GIXK_MzszhwJ:

Old (dormant?) projects http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:5IvIsZrYcp4J:

More here

You might also try **PIC-emulator**.

Reply to
JeffM

The Usenet archives only turned up 4 recent references.

A search that doesn't restrict the time frame may indicate more.

Reply to
JeffM

Hello Jeff, thanks a lot.... i have seen the links and have downloaded the mSim

1.79 source... i will try to understand it first and then join one of those projects or experiment on my own

regards Hari

Reply to
scorpiohari

hi Hari,

well here's a nice (at least in my view) open source project

and if you look on my site under "JALss home / Other simulators", you can find a whole list of simulators / emulators. (JALss is a simulator I build myself, and I don't know what the future plans, but it might give you also some ideas).

My greatest interest would be to integrate the simulator with some standard schematic drawing packages (like Eagle which is very popular under hobbyists) and on the other hand to couple it to spice, for real analog simulations.

btw:

- what operating system / program language do you have in mind ?

succes, Stef Mientki

Reply to
Stef Mientki

thanks a lot stef,

i have seen the links posted by you.... i was thinking about JAVA as it gives portability... or maybe VC++ if it will go easily.....

i plan to start as soon as i free up a bit from my current assignment

regards Hari

Reply to
scorpiohari