Simple Open-source Random Pulse Amplifier

Actually, I believe that some of the magickal-looking stuff that they talk about might be possible some day - they just haven't taken the right approach. (IOW, there *might be* such a thing as ZPE, but we have not yet discovered the secret to unlocking it.)

Remember that writer's "law" - any sufficiently advanced magick is indistinguishable from technology. ;-)

I'm working on an approach to magick, but I don't know how long it will be before I can arrange a demo - currently I'm hoping to meet someone who's as nuts as I am and wants to test these theories in a sort of collaboration. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

In message , dated Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Rich the Philosophizer writes

The problem isn't whether zero-point energy exists or not; it's rather an easy concept once you overcome the initial counter-intuitive bit. The problem with it is pretty big, though. There is a discrepancy ratio of

10^130 between current theories on the value of the energy. That's rather too much to put down to 'uncertainty'.

Yes. But please eliminate the 'k'. It's the most egregious mistake that Sam Johnson made, attributing a final 'k' to words ending in 'c' on the grounds that it was consistent with Anglo-Saxon. The Anglo-Saxon alphabet does not, in fact, include the letter 'k'.

I have experienced two phenomena involving reasonable-sized objects that I cannot explain. In one case, I extracted a gear wheel and spindle from a clock mechanism, but it was simply not possible to do so. In another case I dropped a spanner, and it totally disappeared. I mean totally; there was nowhere for it to go that could have hidden it.

But that's twice in 68 years; these things don't happen very often and when they do, in 99.999% of cases they aren't competently (i.e. Randi-proof) investigated in depth.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

In message , dated Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Rich Grise writes

You could probably extract a signal similar to 'random, rapid fire'.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

..

Oh, dear. I wasn't talking about the Anglo-Saxon version of "magic" at all. That's just sleight of hand and smoke and mirrors. I'm talking about the Druid version of Magick, where you actually do telekinesis and stuff.

Needless to say, there is still a considerable amount of study that remains to be done. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

In message , dated Sat, 2 Sep 2006, Rich the Philosophizer writes

You are still caught; Welsh doesn't have a 'k', either. (;-)

The Druids would have called it 'dewiniaeth', 'hud' or 'swyngyfaredd'.

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

Well, I know that the word "Magick" came from somewhere, and I'm not cutting myself off from that possible extension of the definition of Reality As We Know It, just quite yet. :-)

My uncle Dick Wigley, RIP, was a Welshman, and they had some Welsh books, which I couldn't read, of course. ;-) There's a park in Lake Crystal, MN, with a Welsh name that's about 36 letters long, with about two freakin' vowels. ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

In message , dated Mon,

11 Sep 2006, "Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie" writes

W and Y are vowels, too. W is 'oo'. Y can be 'ee' or 'uh'. U is short 'i'. Most of the diphthongs beginning with A or E are 'aye'.

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate