Piezo Pulse Amplifier

I am working on a system that will drive a piezoelectric inkjet head. A microcontroller and a digital-to-analog converter is being used to produce a controlled pulse shape (a specific rise time, hold time, and fall time).

This pulse then needs to be amplified from 5 volts to the 15 to 30 volt range. The pulses will have rise and fall times in the 1 us to 20 us range.

I have seen a solution that uses the Apex line of high voltage/high slew rate opamps but I think those might be over kill and I am looking for something cheaper.

Does anyone have any implementation suggestions?

Sincerely, James McMillan

Reply to
J. McMillan

What about using a video amp designed to drive CRT tubes or similar TV/Monitor part?. Something like these...

perhaps

..but perhaps not exactly these parts - I haven't checked they meet your specs.

Reply to
CWatters