Simple bridged amplifier design question

educational.

fun is

solution.

don't

(that

Hey, here is an idea:

Use a CMOS inverter in a linear fashion. But not at it's rated VCC or else it'll "smell". Then hang a npn/pnp follower pair behind it. Just like that, no Iq. Then hang a li'l resistor from the logic gate output to the emitter node, and the speaker via a cap to that. Low enough so it can drive a speaker for the first 700mV. Should offer pretty decent sound quality.

Of course now the other five CMOS sections would also need a job, so maybe build this out to a 5.1 surround sound system ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Don't quit your day job ;-)

...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Oh, I don't know. I could see Joerg doing his geek comedy act at CES or the ISSCC.

Reply to
miso

No, but right now the day job boring. Begging various companies for SPICE models of their parts. Hoping they'll get around to my request by, uhm, tomorrow or so.

Of course the other kind of model would also be ... but now I digress :-)

:-)

I don't go to trade shows much anymore since pretty much all info can be found on the web and too many companies don't send their engineers anymore, just sale people.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

it

=A0 =A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0 | =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 |

=A0|

I came to the same conclusion. I still get invites to CES, but the bloggers like Engadet cover the event better than being there in person.

But you can still do your stand up routine at these shows.

Reply to
miso