Shielding a passive audio switchbox

previously. "

To my recollection you started it. Can you find the instance where I did ? Someone called me vulgar when I had no intention to be, so maybe you took something wrong.

If I did it, it is in there in the archived posts. If you show me and it is not something really stupidly thin skinned I will actually apologize. And I admit when I am proven wrong.

Or we could have a nice fun flame war until the coming of the Christ. (and I ain't religious at all)

Reply to
jurb6006

** No, it's not a ground lift switch at all.

Known either as "ground" or "polarity" switches, they were fitted to many guitar amps made in the USA until the end of the 1960s - plus a few even later on in case owners had to use a two pin outlet with an adaptor.

The switch was a changeover type with the two non moving contacts connected to active and neutral. The moving contact had a film cap strung between itself and chassis.

When the cap was switched to be between chassis and neutral, it reduced 60Hz noise quite a lot.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison