serial driven trigger...

Hello,

Basically, I need to "pull" the trigger on a paintball gun with my serial port. The gun has an electronic triger system installed, and all I need to do is circumvent the pushbutton switch inside the handle...

I'm a total novice, and after some time searching, I haven't found any relevant websites or schematics. Anyone have any ideas, or suggestions for places to look?

Reply to
winstonsmith

You can do it with a resistor and an NPN transistor. Just put the transistor in parallel with the switch similar to the IR remote button on the below page.

Si Ballenger

You can do it with a resistor and an NPN transistor. Just put the transistor in parallel with the switch similar to the IR remote button on the below page.

Si Ballenger

Well, that seems easy enough. I assumed it would be, but was unsure if I should be taking extra care not to introduce any extra current into the circuitboard of the trigger... I assume this is accounted for?

Thanks for the reply...

Reply to
winstonsmith

If the switch is grounded that is. Otherwise use something like a solid state relay, say LH1540 or similar.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

How about this idea... instead of trying to circumvent the trigger (space inside the handle is a huge factor), I'll switch the battery on and off and adjust the trigger such that it's always depressed. I think I have an idea of what this would look like, but unsure... any comments on how this would be different?

Reply to
winstonsmith